Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Official Domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jigsaw

Did shall not be named used to be the official Dolphin domain? If so, when did dolphin-emu.org replace it?
Devs had no control over dolphin-emulator.org. The previous site owner wouldn't respond to any messages they sent him and even the build system was broken (No more builds, something even the devs couldn't fix). Then, they were getting tired of him still making money off the site so they created this one. That's how I remember it happened. Might be wrong though.
I think what needs to be understood is that that hard work is on -emu not -emulator. Yet -emulator has the hits and created more revenue. This is just wrong. Also try to refrain from using that url name in here as it just give him more search results and that he does not need.
It used to be, yes. It hasn't been for maybe almost a year now?
Is the site dolphin-emulator going to be shut down, can't you guys report him or something?
Unfortunately they can't, as he isn't doing anything illegal, and they don't have the money to put enough pressure on MaMario to make him go running.
I know it'd be an annoying, but how about a name change with the next official release. Even something minor like Dolphino would probably undermine the other site.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...ew-website

November 2, 2012. So over a year now.

Quote:I know it'd be an annoying, but how about a name change with the next official release. Even something minor like Dolphino would probably undermine the other site.

So not going to happen. Dolphin-emu.org is already in second place on google after a year, hopefully within a few months we'll take the top spot. A namechange would just put us back to the bottom again, and then no one would know our new name to find us.