Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I use laptop dedicated graphics card for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

baconbroth

Hi I have an i5 Acer laptop that has a dedicated Nvidia Geforce GT 630M graphics card, but dolphin doesn't see it on the Graphics adapter and when I use Nvidia CP to configure dolphin to run Dedicated graphics card, it still doesnt.

Any idea how I can use my 630M for Dolphin?
and if i can run it, what settings should I put it on? I'm assuming I can't really buff the settings too much for Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Thanks
See this guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-la...ance-guide

The trick is, after you do everything specified in the guide, don't touch the Adapter settings in Dolphin. As for settings, try increasing the IR to 2x or 3x. If you notice any slowdowns, scale the IR back. Then add AA if you feel the need to. Again, if you encounter slowdowns, scale back the AA. Note that LoZ:TP gets very demanding later on in the game (Hyrule Field specifically) and there's nothing your GPU settings will do to fix any of those slowdowns.

baconbroth

(11-26-2013, 03:49 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, when I'm using ThrottleStop6.00, under set multiplyer I can only change between 29T-31T. I don't know what that even does and there I dont even know if it's doing anything at all. Do you know what this means?
(11-26-2013, 03:49 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]See this guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-la...ance-guide

The trick is, after you do everything specified in the guide, don't touch the Adapter settings in Dolphin. As for settings, try increasing the IR to 2x or 3x. If you notice any slowdowns, scale the IR back. Then add AA if you feel the need to. Again, if you encounter slowdowns, scale back the AA. Note that LoZ:TP gets very demanding later on in the game (Hyrule Field specifically) and there's nothing your GPU settings will do to fix any of those slowdowns.
Why are you trying to change your cpu multipliers on a laptop?

baconbroth

cause I'm a noob lol, idk anything about throttlestop, overclocking, etc. I'm just following the guide provided
Throttlestop has nothing to do with using a dedicated GPU for your laptop. Follow the parts of the guide that are relevant to what you want to do, and only those parts. In other words, just look at Part 2.