Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 360 Contoller with Skyward Sword? What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does one play Skyward Sword without the Wii motion plus? With the 360 controller? Doesn't the game need the motion plus to play? I noticed the topic under the Skyward Sword support.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ward_Sword

Dolphin Emulated Wiki for Skyward Sword Wrote:Skyward Sword requires the Wii MotionPlus add-on. Dolphin is currently not capable of emulating the Wii MotionPlus; the only way for official Dolphin builds to play this game is to use a real, physical Wii remote with Wii MotionPlus. See issue 3446.

*Unofficial builds with Wii MotionPlus emulation are available. However, they require highly complex configuration and constant adjustment; and even then they are extremely difficult to play, with many sections of the game impossible to clear. See the forum for details.
(11-26-2013, 02:31 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ward_Sword

Dolphin Emulated Wiki for Skyward Sword Wrote:Skyward Sword requires the Wii MotionPlus add-on. Dolphin is currently not capable of emulating the Wii MotionPlus; the only way for official Dolphin builds to play this game is to use a real, physical Wii remote with Wii MotionPlus. See issue 3446.

*Unofficial builds with Wii MotionPlus emulation are available. However, they require highly complex configuration and constant adjustment; and even then they are extremely difficult to play, with many sections of the game impossible to clear. See the forum for details.
Yeah man i am well aware of the wiki. I asking more of how that is possible not a link to the wiki page.
The point is that it works badly. An axis is an axis, and can easily be assigned to a joystick. So it is theoretically possible. The problem is the sheer number of axis. A wiimote plus has six axis of motion control, a nunchuk has 3 axis of motion control and 2 axis on the joystick, IR pointer has two axis, and IR forward/backward sort of makes another axis. You'd need 6 arms and 3 dual analog gamepads to make it work. Not going to happen. On top of that, you aren't just dealing with basic axis, those axis are combined in complex ways to form various actions, like "swing" or "fling" or whatever else. The only solution is an extremely complex configuration that has to be constantly adjusted for every situation.
(11-26-2013, 10:43 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]The point is that it works badly. An axis is an axis, and can easily be assigned to a joystick. So it is theoretically possible. The problem is the sheer number of axis. A wiimote plus has six axis of motion control, a nunchuk has 3 axis of motion control and 2 axis on the joystick, IR pointer has two axis, and IR forward/backward sort of makes another axis. You'd need 6 arms and 3 dual analog gamepads to make it work. Not going to happen. The only solution is an extremely complex configuration that has to be constantly adjusted for every situation.
Yeah i figured that. I have a wii motion plua controller. But i prefer the normal controller over that wii mote. Hence why i like the GC Version of TP then Wii wii