Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC Specs for Trauma Center Second Opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jaabur

Hello ! I tried to use Trauma Center : Second Opinion on Dolphin which isn't supposed to be a very demanding game. Unfortunetaly, it seems that I can't go past 43 FPS in the dialogues (which consists on a background and a character portrait) and a 10FPS drop for the operations.

I checked the compatibility list, it seems that the game works perfectly on emulator. I also checked the wiki and I used the same version as conanak99.

Here's my specs :

Operating System:
Windows 7 x64 (Sony Vaio Laptop)

Processor/CPU:

Intel Core i5 430M 2.27 GHz

Video Card/GPU:

ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5650

Memory/RAM:
Samsung 4GO DDR3

Dolphin Revision Currently Using:
Dolphin 4.0-424 x64

Graphics :

[Image: BoTh22x.png] [Image: 1UqglUG.png] [Image: Qvy3n7V.png]

Nothing in advanced, I also tried a lot of other configurations (I also followed the performance guide). DSP HLE for the sound.

I'm pretty sure it's because of my specs, I just want to be sure about it because I didn't expected that Trauma Center would fail me to run smoothly. Thanks in advance !
Well, his computer is also faster than yours
Yeah, the two tester's PC are stronger than yours . I5 430M is just too slow for latest dolphin which is more demanding than older version such as dolphin 3.0 or 3.5

Jaabur

Alright, thanks for the confirmation guys, I appreciate it, thanks.
Disable cache display lists, and enable OpenMP and Fast depth calculation. You may get a little speed up, but nothing dramatic.
Also make sure your drivers, directx web updater, windows update, and visual c++ are all up to date. Also make sure your laptop is set to high performance mode, and is plugged in.

You may get a little speed-up, but probably nothing dramatic
FYI, if you use older versions of Dolphin (specifically, anything older than 3.5-1154) you won't be able to run the game with HLE – it hangs at the start of an operation. You'd need to use LLE, which is quite a bit slower and kinda negates any performance gain you'd get from using an older version.

You may want to try the OpenGL backend – there's been a recent change in it that should give a pretty substantial speedup for any Windows users with AMD GPUs. (The default D3D backend is now likely slower.)