Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Ocarina of time Sound stuttering ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! I hope someone can help a desperate man out here.

Lets start off with my system specs,

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 945 (3GHZ)
GPU : GTX 760
RAM : DDR2 800MHZ

So my game runs fine at 60 frames at menu and goes down to 15-22 frames ingame (should be normal right ?)
Everything runs just as it does on my old console however my sound is horrible and first i was running 3.5 and i only had clicking sounds which annoyed me a little bit. so i tried the latest version 4.0 and now its going mad and it just keeps on stuttering.

Anyone has any ideas? Not sure what i can really add.

Screen reso @ full screen - 1920x1080
Sound DSP HLE, Changed that to LLE didn't help at all.
Using OpenGL, when ever i try Direct x9 or 11 my screen gets all screwed up. Frame limit = auto.

Thanks in advance, and if there is anything that you guys need to know just tell me.
15 FPS sounds almost unplayable. And it´s stuttering because you can´t keep full speed all the time.

You may want to overclock the CPU.
(11-24-2013, 03:06 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]15 FPS sounds almost unplayable. And it´s stuttering because you can´t keep full speed all the time.

You may want to overclock the CPU.
CPU is that bad huh? Already gonna buy a new one in a month but yuck! didn't realise a emulator would need so much CPU power considering i can still run BF4 at decent FPS 30~40 Sad
Does BF stands for BattleField? If so, let me tell you that PC games doesn´t work the same as Dolphin.

Meanwhile, you can overclock the CPU and lower the IR.

If you are going to buy a new CPU, the best for Dolphin are i5-4670K and i7-4770K.
(11-24-2013, 03:10 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Does BF stands for BattleField? If so, let me tell you that PC games doesn´t work the same as Dolphin.

Meanwhile, you can overclock the CPU and lower the IR.

If you are going to buy a new CPU, the best for Dolphin are i5-4670K and i7-4770K.
Indeed it does Smile And i know that, but i just wasn't aware it took so much CPU power to run a game that i played back in the 1998s if i remember correctly, guess i underestimated that part! And yes, i'm going for a I7-4770k. But untill then i'll just wait or i'll try to OC my CPU a little bit! Thanks for your assistance!
When you run OOT in Dolphin, you basically run an emulator in an emulator. Of course that's not very fast or efficient.
While the game natively runs at 20 fps on the N64, the GameCube ports of OoT run at 30 fps, and the Wii Virtual Console port probably does too (though it could be running at 20 fps, it's been a while since I played it).

Also, yeah, if you're using OpenGL on a Nvidia GPU, check "Vertex Streaming Hack" in Graphics > Hacks, it's a free speedup. (I'm tired of having to remind people of this.)