Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU Bottleneck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
anaid Wrote:Could what DJBarry004 said about GeForce 9xxx be true, that my GeForce GT 8600M doesn't have the "loophole" in the graphics driver? I'll try on Boot Camp and see.

Most geforce 8 and 9 series GPUs are physically identical so I find that hard to believe.
(11-26-2013, 11:17 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
anaid Wrote:Could what DJBarry004 said about GeForce 9xxx be true, that my GeForce GT 8600M doesn't have the "loophole" in the graphics driver? I'll try on Boot Camp and see.

Most geforce 8 and 9 series GPUs are physically identical so I find that hard to believe.
Hey, after much effort I still can't get either gDEBugger or NVPerf working. So I could only benchmark based on the built-in FPS log file from Dolphin.

These are the results from Dolphin 4.0-r435, Windows 7 32-bit:
Disable Vertex Streaming Hack: average FPS 45
Enable Vertex Streaming Hack: average FPS 40
Weird. Looks like a cpu bottleneck. I'm not sure that I can explain the jump is cpu/gpu wait time. Unless maybe the game .ini contents changed from 3.5 to 4.0-r435. How does 4.0 behave with VSH?
(12-02-2013, 05:19 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Weird. Looks like a cpu bottleneck. I'm not sure that I can explain the jump is cpu/gpu wait time. Unless maybe the game .ini contents changed from 3.5 to 4.0-r435. How does 4.0 behave with VSH?
Here are the average FPS results for 4.0.2:
Enabled VSH: 43
Disabled VSH: 45

As for the average FPS results for 4.0.0:
Enabled VSH: 38
Disabled VSH: 43

Any thoughts on what other tests or monitoring methods I can use for Windows?
Pages: 1 2 3