Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 60 FPS Yet Choppy Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I'm currently playing Lord of the Rings: The Third Age NTSC on Dolphin 4.0.1 and it runs really nice at 60 fps. However, the weird thing is, sometimes the framerate in game really seems to let down, however the framerate counter in the corner lists 60 (or 59) fps almost always.
Is there any way this can be fixed or is this inherant to some games?

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-3450 3,1 Ghz Quad
GPU: MSI Twin Frozzr OC GTX 760
RAM: 6GB
Make sure your drivers, windows update, directx web updater, and visual c++ are up to date.

also, are you using the latest dev build?
Can you post your settings?
Latest dev build as in the latest non-stable release? No don't think so. Drivers, DirextX should be okay, though Im using OpenGL. C++, dont know bout that.
My settings:

Framelimit: Audio
HLE Xaudio2
OpenGL: 1280x720
VSync on
Internal Res: Either Auto or 2 to 2,5, AA and AF 4x
Widescreen hack
OpenMp Texture Decoder On
Vertex Streaming Hack On

That's pretty much all noteworthy settings.
Xaudio2 is a subset of DirectX.
Yeah, so download the latest visual c++ (2013?), and run the directX updater
Alright, my C++ and DirectX are up to date, surprise. I disabled Vertex Streaming and vSync and it kind of helped the problem I guess, but since Im in a new area I don't know if it actually worked.
Vertex stream usually gives speed ups on nvidia cards, so try turning it back on.
Also, try switching your audio back end to dsound.
Make sure Config -> Framelimit is set to auto then go to graphics and turn on V-Sync.

might take a emulator-restart too.

let me know what happened Smile
Okay, I played a little bit (dont have much time atm). Turned Vsync and Vertex back on. Framelimit to Auto and Dsound just seems to create more audio pops and skips. I think nothing changed about choppyness I think but Ill have to play more. Btw, the choppyness only seems to appear when you walk in world view. When you stop and move the camera it is perfectly smooth.
Have you disabled Windows Aero? Aero forces some kind of vsync to the desktop, and instead of some tearing, you get some stutter. Disable it and try again.