Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DK returns sound music stutters ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ericlp

hmmm... so my system settings are these...

CPU: intel i3-3220
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7770 1GB GHz Edition V2

Mine sounds exactly like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRvtik5RXI#t=150

So playing DK returns on this system with resolution set to 640x480 doesn't really help much plays the same as before. Seems like the sound stutters or is off or something. Tho, the game does Dip Down to like 8X's sometimes low/mid 80% I think 50's Frame Rates. Can't really remember. But... what are the best way to speed up besides over clocking? Can you just set it for lower settings to play faster? Hmmm. I tried some other stuff can't remember ... but seemed to make it worse so I check the boxes back to normal. Maybe my hardware sucks... I guess emulation takes a toll on even middle road performance or I don't have the right settings set up in the emulator or my GPU settings are not set right.

Thanks for any and all help!
1- Check the CPU temps to make sure it´s not overheating.

2- Does the emulator forces to use the Intel integrated GPU? Intel GPUs tend to be slower than the others.
You'd have to get a better CPU for the game to run at full speed. Your GPU is plenty for Dolphin, it's just that emulation is almost always CPU-bottlenecked.

If you can't/don't feel like spending money on an i5-4670K and a Z87 motherboard (the ideal CPU for Dolphin, plus the big thing you put it in), you can always try enabling some of the hacks in Graphics > Hacks (this probably won't help too much) or using an older build of Dolphin (this'll probably help, but it'll break shit and we won't help you if you come here to complain about that).
Your CPU is too weak to maintain DKCR running fullspeed. As a workaround, you can use the OpenAL audio backend, it'll fix your stuttering audio problems but as side effect you'll get a small latency...