Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator crashes and closes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-12-2009, 06:37 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 06:29 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 02:27 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 02:15 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to downgrade my display drivers anyway because it means more bugs for other games like gta4

my 2cents is dolphin needs to be fixed or ati users will never be able to use it

your 2 cents are wrong, its ati that needs to fix their drivers, downgrading to 9.3 solves the memory leak

sorry but no
I have two dozens of emulator programs and none of them is complaining about a "memory leak" and another dozen of big PC games who don't crash either

it is dolphin that needs to be fixed to work with latest display drivers

It sounds like your a pirate dude!

If you don't want to downgrade then we have nothing else to tell you.
Have a Good One. Smile

Diddy don't start a pirate hunt, but he does need to stop being an ignorant fool and listen to what i am telling him or get out because its the ati drivers not dolphin, why would you come busting in here asking for help and then not do what i am telling you is most likely the problem because you think the problem lies within some faulty coding
(08-12-2009, 07:32 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 02:15 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to downgrade my display drivers anyway because it means more bugs for other games like gta4

my 2cents is dolphin needs to be fixed or ati users will never be able to use it

your 2 cents are wrong, its ati that needs to fix their drivers, downgrading to 9.3 solves the memory leak

sorry but no
I have two dozens of emulator programs and none of them is complaining about a "memory leak" and another dozen of big PC games who don't crash either

Have a Good One. Smile

Diddy don't start a pirate hunt, but he does need to stop being an ignorant fool and listen to what i am telling him or get out because its the ati drivers not dolphin, why would you come busting in here asking for help and then not do what i am telling you is most likely the problem because you think the problem lies within some faulty coding

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
(08-12-2009, 08:29 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 07:32 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

sorry but no

Have a Good One. Smile

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

i hope that facepalm is directed at yourself because you are the one in the wrong
Check how much RAM your system is using before you launch Dolphin. Unless you're doing heavy video-editing (or playing Crysis at 2560*1600) in the background I don't know what could be using up all of that RAM.
(08-12-2009, 04:11 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]Check how much RAM your system is using before you launch Dolphin. Unless you're doing heavy video-editing (or playing Crysis at 2560*1600) in the background I don't know what could be using up all of that RAM.

Altho I have 4GB of physical RAM I can only use 2.8GB on my x86 system.
(08-14-2009, 03:20 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 04:11 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]Check how much RAM your system is using before you launch Dolphin. Unless you're doing heavy video-editing (or playing Crysis at 2560*1600) in the background I don't know what could be using up all of that RAM.

well it would be really awesome if you tried my suggestion, until then i am not helping you

Is your system using more than 1.8GB of memory before you start Dolphin? My system is using 1.81GB right now as I type this with about 20 firefox tabs open, Windows Live Mail open and Task Manager open. Also Vista's superfetch propogates RAM usage. BUT, even if you are using more than 1.8GB, superfetch should get out of the way and give Dolphin the RAM.
(08-14-2009, 05:41 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]

Is your system using more than 1.8GB of memory before you start Dolphin? My system is using 1.81GB right now as I type this with about 20 firefox tabs open, Windows Live Mail open and Task Manager open. Also Vista's superfetch propogates RAM usage. BUT, even if you are using more than 1.8GB, superfetch should get out of the way and give Dolphin the RAM.
My system is usually using 30% of my memory max
that is 0.3 x 2.8gigs = 0.84gigs
so it should be able to grab 1gig of memory
maybe the problem is the memory has to be 1 contiguous giga and dolphin can not re-arrange memory to get 1 contiguous giga
(08-17-2009, 03:31 AM)CobraSA Wrote: [ -> ]My system is usually using 30% of my memory max
that is 0.3 x 2.8gigs = 0.84gigs
so it should be able to grab 1gig of memory
maybe the problem is the memory has to be 1 contiguous giga and dolphin can not re-arrange memory to get 1 contiguous giga

Can RAM actually become fragmented? Huh

I know about HDD fragmentation but I can't say I've ever heard of RAM fragmentation. Anyone else with better knowledge know something about this.

cmccmc

yeah it can and does often
Pages: 1 2 3