Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Soul Calibur 2 netplay desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KG7

Hey all, just posting a quick question to see whether these desync issues can be fixed.

My friend is in Spain, I'm in the UK. We've played SSBM over netplay before on the experimental dc-netplay 4.0-262 build; it literally ran at 100% speed on the vast majority of levels with 2 CPU players with absolutely no desyncs whatsoever, regardless of length of time. Needless to say I'm over the moon about that!

The problem is with Soul Calibur 2. On that particular build, both of us have the same problem in regards to a bunch of unknown opcodes. This happened even in single player and choosing between OpenGL and D3D11 made no difference (although OpenGL seemed to have held the errors back for longer, but never completely).

I downloaded the latest stable version of Dolphin, and these errors have never popped up since for either of us. However, when we connect, we desync literally within 2 minutes. We've tested with dual core on / off (not sure if the dc-netplay changes have been merged into the master builds), no memory cards at all (one action replay code to have everything unlocked, just as we did for SSBM), a pad buffer of 10, 15 and 20 (same desync times); alas, we can't finish a single match without desyncing.

We both run at 100% speed with dual core enabled and about 80%+ on single core mode depending on the stage (100% on the one we tested).

I'm not sure about his build, but in terms of performance it's pretty much identical to mine. My own build is:

i7-2600K @ 3.40 Ghz
GTX 570
8GB RAM
Windows 7 x64

Both of us running the same OS and 64 bit versions of all Dolphin builds.

We haven't actually tested SSBM on 4.0.1 yet, just wondering if anyone has any ideas because judging from the netplay guide and comments on this forum, there's a lot of confidence behind the netplay code (and rightfully so, I'm still gobsmacked).

Thanks!
Try the latest master version with single core?
Dualcore Netplay does not fully support Soul Calibur 2 yet, sorry. It's a known issue, and should be fixable though.

KG7

(11-19-2013, 03:15 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest master version with single core?

We tried this with 4.0-370, but we had some really bizarre yet hilarious graphical problems regarding the character's bodies:

[Image: 9M5wZhh.jpg]

For some ungodly reason their bodies literally gravitate towards the center of the stage, it's amazing.

We tried that revision with single core and dual core; exactly the same results. Desynced in about 2-3 minutes tops. The latest revisions don't seem to have any netplay changes so I haven't tried the newer ones yet...

Quote: Dualcore Netplay does not fully support Soul Calibur 2 yet, sorry. It's a known issue, and should be fixable though.

Ah, thanks for letting me know! Is there any reason why the game desyncs even when running on a single core though? Maybe it's just a particularly tricky game, I have no idea..
Yeah that is a new bug, use a slightly older version for now
I have confirmed that Soul Calibur II works fine on Single Core with Netplay. If it is desyncing for you, then you have something configured wrong on your computers.
4.0-404, did a netplay session on Soul Calibur II for well over an hour, zero desyncs, zero issues.

KG7

(11-20-2013, 03:18 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have confirmed that Soul Calibur II works fine on Single Core with Netplay. If it is desyncing for you, then you have something configured wrong on your computers.

Aaaaaand you were right. We were disabling the Dual Core setting under Config, but out of sheer desperation I checked the Properties box under SC2 and realised that the dual core option there was selected (blue box), which overrode the Config setting. After that we still had a desync, until we discovered that for some reason or another my friend didn't have Idle Skipping enabled under SC2's properties. After THAT, we managed to play perfectly for about half an hour before another desync occurred (may have been his internet connection playing up for whatever reason).

So glad we managed to find a fix. Thanks guys!