Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Encounterd a problem with 4.0.1 stable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With using the latest stable version with the current game I'm playing my fps will sudeenly go down to zero and lock everything but audio. I would have to stop the emulation and reload the game. The game in question is The Last Story. I havent noticed this on any other game yet so maybe this should be directed on in its specific thread. It seems to only happen during cutscenes of the game. The first version of the emulator I played this on 3.0 735 dirty never once encountered this.

Another thing is I noticed is that the reset option doesn't work either. It might of been fixed in the latest SVN though.
I dont play this game but the official thread has a few things to note (although admittedly not directly to your issue):
The PAL version of the game requires you to enable the 'Use EURGB60 mode' found under config-->Wii
Your rig looks more than fast enough but there can be stuttering/cutscene issues, so try disabling Idle Skipping

You can always try to old tried and true:
Try disabling cheats and avoid savestates. Load from a memcard save. If that doesnt help, try disabling dual core (kind of stabbing in the dark with this one). If it is still an issue, try redumping your game. If it only happens in this game and happens in the same places, it may be a bad dump.
I actually found the problem as well as a solution I believe. I am very wella ware of that and that option is checked by default. Anyways... It was the OpenGL backend that was the problem. When I switched from it to DX11 backend I haven't encountered it since.

But thanks for trying

Edit. I'll make a post of this in the games thread itself.