Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transfering older versions SD card file to newer ones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this possible to do? I noticed in the latest stable release that the emulated SD card for the Wii is called SD.raw. IS this correct? If so then I can find this on older versions 3.0-3.5 with the different SVNS I have. I guess something must of gotten changed? If so then I gues it wont be possible to do as that file doesnt seem to exist but only on versions 4.0 or later it seems.
sd.raw is generated only if "Insert SD Card" is checked in Config > Wii and no sd.raw currently exists; none of this code has changed between 3.5 and 4.0. The directory where it's kept (along with all other user data/config/saves) *has* changed, though; 3.5 stores it in the "User" folder located in the same folder Dolphin.exe is (C:\Program Files\Dolphin\ or somethin' like that), while 4.0 puts it in C:\Users\(you)\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\. Read up here for details on this: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...directory/
OK. So I found the file from the old version but when I put in the place where the file is located for 4.0.1 it doesn't get read. The game doesnt see my saves but the older version where it came from originally still does though. Going from 3.0 - 735 dirty to 4.0.1.
Your saves aren't on the SD card. You need to drag the whole Wii folder over.
I see. Thank you