Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Surface Pro 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to get something playable out of my Surface Pro 2. It seems like it should do fine and has no problem with some recent PC games (Skyrim 1080p on medium). But it is chokes on the menu in Wind Rake Sad. Is it just not going to be able to cut it or am I doing something wrong?
It isn't going to cut it, it isn't a tablet for nothing
(11-16-2013, 06:48 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't going to cut it, it isn't a tablet for nothing
Thats unfortunate. Any idea why Twilight princess seems to run way better than wind raker??
Once you enter Hyrule Field - Zelda TP (especially the later part) , the FPS will be dropped down dramatically . You will need top of the line CPU like i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz to run Zelda TP full speed all the time
Windwaker is a light-weight game but it uses the very demanding LLE as default , to make it run faster : use HLE
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...low-30-fps
Luigi's Mansion should play, it's lightweight too. Use DSP HLE with Wind Waker and it should work faster...

@ExtremeDude2: although Surface Pro 2 is a tablet, it have a Haswell processor and can handle some emulators (including Dolphin) pretty well...
Yeah, an ultra low power CPU >.>
Tested on a friend's Surface Pro and Zelda WW (with HLE), Super Smash Bros Melee (Classic Mode) and Luigi's Mansion ran pretty well, 85%-100% speed all the time, so, the same should apply to Surface Pro 2 (since it's a newer CPU)... Lightweight games works without any trouble with Dolphin (especially old versions) in almost any ultra low power CPU from Intel (assuming it's a Ivy Bridge or Haswell)
(11-18-2013, 01:18 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Tested on a friend's Surface Pro and Zelda WW (with HLE), Super Smash Bros Melee (Classic Mode) and Luigi's Mansion ran pretty well, 85%-100% speed all the time, so, the same should apply to Surface Pro 2 (since it's a newer CPU)... Lightweight games works without any trouble with Dolphin (especially old versions) in almost any ultra low power CPU from Intel (assuming it's a Ivy Bridge or Haswell)
Thanks, I played some WW on friday night Smile.
Is it possible to completly disable sound emulation to speed things up?
If that were to be done nothing would boot
Pages: 1 2