Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DK Country Returns with Classic Controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'd like to play Donkey Kong Country Return on Dolphin with a Classic Controller configuration (so no shaking, just buttons)

So far I've found out that you need to enter a Cheat Code to get this working on the Wii

The questions are:
- How to Enter this WiiRd / Ocarina Code into Dolphin?
- How to Configure a Classic Controller in Dolphin (I see only a Wiimote Configuration) ?

Thanks!
Right click game > properties > gecko code
Thanks

But what about the controls? Seems like Dolphin has no Classic Controller support?
But i figured out you can map "shake" to a button - which should solve my problem

I'll test it and report back ;-)
Click the Wiimote icon, then Configure for whichever Wiimote you're using (1 - 4). On the next screen you should see a drop-down box that says Extensions. Select Classic Controller, then hit the Configure button to map out the controls.
Ah thanks, was a bit hidden ;-)

So my main Issue is solved - I assigned shake to a Gamepad Button and it works now!

But the other thing about the Cheat Code (just for the sake of it)
In the Gecko Tab I clicked download the codes from the WiiRD-DB - but there is no classic controller hack code

So then I added the Code manually over the AR Tab
(Codes taken from:
http://www.wii-homebrew.com/wii-homebrew...-pal-is-da)
but none is actually working - the game tells me to disconnect the unsupported controller

PS: The Game is PAL
Gecko Codes and AR codes aren't the same... You should add the Gecko Code in the Game INI, then, it'll show in the Game Properties window...
Oh sorry, I forgot you can't add gecko codes through the UI, you should be able to use the download codes button though and it will be there.