Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twilight princess speed 100% but 15 FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that's my problem. 2.2 GHz with overclock of 3.0 GHz (turbo booster)
i7 nvidia ge force 630m 2gb ram 8 gb. I've explained enough, and.. every game DO run at 100% speed without wiimote. But, I just take an example on zelda TP here get 15 fps at 100% speed. (If I get the limiter at 120, the graphic will be smooth but the sound is much faster than usual)

I've checked the ZTP hack, and preferred the RAM ( but I also have tried the texture EFB copies), set the renderer as DX3D9. And did that minimum settings just for performance (now that I think it's useless cause it didn't solve my problem)

And that's my problem. Is that really dolphin problem with fps? Or my laptop's? Anyway, I also get this with pokepark 2 as I compared to play with wiimote and without one.

anyone can help?
Which specific i7 do you have?
2.2 GHz is not very fast, especially for end game Hyrule Field. How are you determining that you are getting 100% speed?
Ignore the two guys above; someone else was having this same problem recently. It seems to me that this is a relatively recent regression; would you mind trying to find which revision broke this? https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/master/1/

Before you complain about there being thousands of builds to test, lemme teach you a simple process known as bisecting:
1. Try 4.0 and 4.0.1 first. (If it works in 4.0 but is broken in 4.0.1, I'll have to punch someone.)
2. Move forwards (if 4.0 works) or backwards (if 4.0 doesn't work) a few hundred dev builds at a time until you find a build that works/doesn't work.
3. Check the revision exactly between those two (e.g. if 3.5-1200 works and 3.5-1500 doesn't, check 3.5-1350).
4. Repeat that until you pinpoint it.
I also had this issue today but funnily backtracking didn't help, instead restarting windows did. After the restart dolphin builds that seemed to have a problem worked fine.
(11-14-2013, 09:00 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]I also had this issue today but funnily backtracking didn't help, instead restarting windows did. After the restart dolphin builds that seemed to have a problem worked fine.
Well, it's not quite what I mean. I mean, when I play with a wiimote, the fps drop while the speed isn't. Making the sound is clear but the graphic isn't. And a bit you couldn't see the whole part when you howl a song as wolf link.
well, backtracking isn't help tough.. I wonder...

prrifth

(11-15-2013, 12:44 PM)gikirima Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2013, 09:00 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]I also had this issue today but funnily backtracking didn't help, instead restarting windows did. After the restart dolphin builds that seemed to have a problem worked fine.
Well, it's not quite what I mean. I mean, when I play with a wiimote, the fps drop while the speed isn't. Making the sound is clear but the graphic isn't. And a bit you couldn't see the whole part when you howl a song as wolf link.
well, backtracking isn't help tough.. I wonder...

Disable VBeam speed hack by right clicking on the iso and choosing properties. This was causing the sound to run at full speed, but FPS of only 15 for me.
Also, this game suffers from a VPS/FPS desync; if the graphics thread falls behind the CPU thread, it'll run at a slower speed while the game think it's running faster. The only solution would be to get a stronger processor.