Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this build good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kishoto

Hey guys, first off, I don't have a computer currently, so my profile info is a throwaway, for the most part. I'm getting a new computer during black friday week, and I have a friend who knows about building helping me. I myself don't know that much about computer hardware. Anyway, one of the big things I'm looking for is the ability to emulate Gamecube (and Wii, if I'm lucky) at full speed. I have about $600 to spend on this build. Here's a draft of what my final build would look like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1WoNZ

Keep in mind that the build I actually get may be a little better, because Black Friday sales OP. So looking at that, based on what some of you more experienced tech guys know, do you think that build could run Gamecube at full speed? And Wii (although I'm not holding my breath on the Wii part)? I also want it to emulate PS2, but I don't know if this is the right place to question that. Regardless, if you know the answer to that question too, tell me! Anyway, thanks for the assistance in advance guys. Lemme know what you think Smile
You should go Intel if it is about emulator performance you are searching for. I would go for a 4600k and if prices were too high drop the graphics card and buy one at some point later on. You can easily add a graphics card if you want, changing the cpu though to an intel would be impossible without making a new pc purchase.
Quote:I would go for a 4600k
i5 4670k + Z87 mobo (MSI Z87 G45 or G41)

@OP , you should check Dolphin Benchmark . FX 6300 is weak for Dolphin (even if you overclock it to the max)

The integrated Intel HD 4600 should be ok for 2x -> 2.5x Internal resolution , no AA , 16x AF
What they both said.
There are many games available for each of these platforms. Their performance requirements vary drastically from one game to another. OPs question as it is currently phrased cannot be correctly answered.