Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will i be able to run Dolphin in 1080p??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

twistersk8

Im new here, so HELLO! Big Grin

i got a question...

My system is a laptop, a Samsung ativa book 8 and the specs are:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3635QM
Speed (GHz): 2.40

Turbo Boost (GHz): 3.40

Chipset:Intel HM76

CPU Cache:6MB L3

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (i will upgrade it to 16gb)
Chipset:AMD Radeon™ HD 8770M Graphics 1GB DDR5

Screen: LED Full HD

I would love to play in 1080p with high setting or could you recommend me the settings? Please!!

Thanks for read this and answer me!
Yes. Your GPU should handle 1080p just fine. Though some more demanding games won't run at fullspeed regardless of the resolution because of your cpu.

twistersk8

(11-12-2013, 01:02 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Your GPU should handle 1080p just fine. Though some more demanding games won't run at fullspeed regardless of the resolution because of your cpu.
Thanks for the faster answer! Which games are the demanding games?? I want to play the marios and zeldas i lost and never played. and could i put high settings (like anti-alliasing) to play good looking games?
Which mario and zelda games do you want to play?

twistersk8

(11-12-2013, 01:12 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which mario and zelda games do you want to play?
all the availables for gamecube and wii hehehe!! and maybe another game, when i finish them

i forgot to say that my cpu is a quadcore and can handle 8 cores (4 virtuals)
Dolphin will only use 2 logical cores so that doesn't really matter.

Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine should run at fullspeed. Skyward sword will run at fullspeed or close to it. Twilight princess will run at fullspeed in most places with small drops in a few spots and a large drop in hyrule field later on in the game. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 will run ok but definitely not fullspeed in most places. Any other games that I might have missed?

twistersk8

(11-12-2013, 02:34 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin will only use 2 logical cores so that doesn't really matter.

Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine should run at fullspeed. Skyward sword will run at fullspeed or close to it. Twilight princess will run at fullspeed in most places with small drops in a few spots and a large drop in hyrule field later on in the game. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 will run ok but definitely not fullspeed in most places. Any other games that I might have missed?
What about the resident evil serie, luigui masion and paper mario?? and many thanks for this!!

aaah! and all of them in 1080p, right?
Luigi's mansion will run fine. Paper Mario and Resident Evil (which one?) I have no idea as I don't have either of them. Hopefully someone will chime in here about those.

And yes they should all run fine in 1080p.
Paper Mario should be fine on your specs