Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help with House of the Dead: OverKill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my PC:

Main : GA B75M D3H
CPU : G2030
Ram : 2GD3
VGA : MSI 6670 PE 1GD5/OC
PSU : Corsair CX430 V2

Dolphin ver 4.0.1

Problem is when I try to play HoD the FPS remains around 2x, the sound is broken like someone is talking really slowly word by word.
I dont know if its my hardware or my settings so I will post it here first since I have tried to lower every graphic and audio settings to the lowest possible. Thanks for any help
Starting off, your Dolphin relies on single-core speeds. In that aspect, your CPU is around a 3rd gen i3, which is on the slower side of the hardware spectrum. It may be impossible to get fullspeed.
It would be a big help if you could upload a picture of your graphics settings.
Next, are you using HLE, or LLE audio? LLE is probably too demanding for your computer.
What do you have your frame-limit set to? Auto?
(11-12-2013, 01:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Starting off, your Dolphin relies on single-core speeds. In that aspect, your CPU is around a 3rd gen i3, which is on the slower side of the hardware spectrum. It may be impossible to get fullspeed.
It would be a big help if you could upload a picture of your graphics settings.
Next, are you using HLE, or LLE audio? LLE is probably too demanding for your computer.
What do you have your frame-limit set to? Auto?

Thanks for your reply, I know that my whole system is behind but it could run games like Zelda princess, HHDance Exp, Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Bros at 5x,6x FPS with no problems so I was wondering whether the hardware was the main cause.
Also, Just Dance 2014 is having the same problem as HoD Overkill. Here is my Graphic Settings (using my laptop atm but the settings are the same)

[Image: DolphinGraphics_zps5c3bae03.png]
[Image: DolphinSound_zpsea3466d7.png]
Set DSP to HLE, Texture cache accuracy to fast, EFB copies to Texture, enable fast depth calculation and disable "disable destination alpha". Don't mess up with the default settings if you don't know what you are doing. If you still have issues there is not much more you can do other than trying an old dolphin version hoping is not demanding for your system.
Also enable OpenMP texture Decoder