Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Animal Crossing status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

usernametaken

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

The main Dolphin website indicates that Animal Crossing for the GameCube is fully functional on Dolphin, but when I attempt to start it the emulator itself lists it as broken, and the game won't play. The following error message appears:

Quote:Read from invalid memory region (0x4bfffb64)
This is either the game crashing randomly, or a TLB write. Several games use the TLB to map memory. This function is not supported in Dolphin. Unfortunately there is no way to recover from this error, so Dolphin will now exit abruptly. Sorry!

Did I fail at ripping the game correctly, or is the website wrong and this game is not actually working?
What is the revision you are using? Try latest

usernametaken

I guess I should've originally included that information.

I'm running Dolphin rev 3661 for Win32

My computer's pretty clunky, though:
Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz
3 gig ram
ATI Radeon HD 2600
Windows XP

cmccmc

right click on the game and try enabling TLB hack. That may or may not work
(08-02-2009, 08:22 AM)usernametaken Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I should've originally included that information.

I'm running Dolphin rev 3661 for Win32

My computer's pretty clunky, though:
Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz
3 gig ram
ATI Radeon HD 2600
Windows XP

I'm pretty sure your gpu does not have opengl 2.1.. and even if it does your cpu is far to slow to emulate the gamecube or wii.. sorry

usernametaken

The TLB hack didn't work, so it's probably my computer, then. Pity. Thanks for the replies.

Guess I'll hold off on ripping my old GC games until I get a new computer.
ive set animal crossing(pal, didn't touch ntsc) as broken cause for me it doesn't even do shit o.o