Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Only older builds can run games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It seems that the majority of games will not run at all except at like 40% speed on any build anywhere near recent, no matter what settings I try. And yet, everything runs fine at 100% on r7345. This is kind of annoying since instead of using the latest version I always have to hunt and pick for a version that games will run on. Why would all these games work perfectly on an older version and not at all on the newer ones?
What games have you tried?
What builds have you tried?
(11-10-2013, 01:32 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What games have you tried?
What builds have you tried?

Mario Party 4, Sonic Adventure Battle 2, and Harvest Moon - Magical Melody are so slow it's unplayable on 4.0, 4.0-331, and 3.5-367. They all run at full speed on r7345 and r7483.
Old versions are faster because have less accurate emulation. Your CPU isn't too powerful, so, newer revisions will get progressively slower...
Ummm, with those games + those specifications it should be fine. The first gen i5/i7s are nothing to sneeze at, plus OpenGL + Vertex Streaming Hack on the NVIDIA should make 4.0-330 faster than most older builds.
(11-10-2013, 03:51 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm, with those games + those specifications it should be fine. The first gen i5/i7s are nothing to sneeze at, plus OpenGL + Vertex Streaming Hack on the NVIDIA should make 4.0-330 faster than most older builds.

Yeah, that's what I would have thought. I'm using that hack on 4.0-330 though and Sonic is only getting 40% speed. My processor is only maxing at about 35% usage, so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. It seems to be on the emulator's end. I don't get it. A few games, such as Pikmin and Super Mario Sinshine, will run fine on the newer one also. I don't think Sonic demands any more processing power than those.

The base settings of r7345 can run it at 100%. Has the newer version really improved the quality of emulation on that game so much that my hardware would only be able to run it at less than half the speed suddenly?
Your i7 is just crying to be overclocked.
It's actually crying to be replaced. It's on the brink and idling at 80 C. I can only assume my shitty PSU has damaged it over the course of the past four years.
Or your thermal paste has gone bad
Check voltages. I think there has to be an issue with your voltage setting or your cooler.

Also, as ED2 pointed out, replace the thermal paste. 80°C shouldn't happen and as the whole cpu is soldered together(unlike haswell and ivy bridge, where there is tim between the die and the tray), there is no way the cpu itself would've caused this.
Pages: 1 2 3