Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dependancy issues with the latest linux package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am tying to install the latest Linux build "dolphin-master-4.0-330_amd64.deb" and I am running into the following problem when installing:

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libpango-1.0-0"

I think the dependency may be a typo as the version that I have installed is libpango1.0-0 without the dash between the name and version.

I tried a force install and it listed the following dependencies that I am unsure about.

dolphin-emu-master depends on libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.18.0); however:
Package libpango-1.0-0 is not installed.
dolphin-emu-master depends on libpangocairo-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0); however:
Package libpangocairo-1.0-0 is not installed.
dolphin-emu-master depends on libpolarssl0; however:
Package libpolarssl0 is not installed.
dolphin-emu-master depends on libsdl2-2.0-0 (>= 2.0.0); however:
Package libsdl2-2.0-0 is not installed.
dolphin-emu-master depends on libsfml-network1.6; however:
Package libsfml-network1.6 is not installed.
dolphin-emu-master depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.8); however:
Version of libstdc++6:amd64 on system is 4.7.3-1ubuntu1.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Update: I think I can understand the libstdc++6 version difference because I am running Linux Mint 15 (based on 13.04?) which is lagging behind 13.10. Thankfully I believe an update is due within a few weeks.

AisoYami

Do you already have other recent Dolphin's version installed and want to update it or this is an clean install? If you do, go to Synaptic, look for dolphin-emu and on the right-click options under "properties" there's a tab for "dependencies". See what's listed there and check if it is installed on your system. Just be in mind that if you have an old Dolphin build installed, the dependencies listed are also older and others may even not be present.

If you are just trying to install Dolphin from the .deb packages and getting these dependencies issues, there are other ways to install besides the .deb packages. You can try build it yourself but you'd have to install all the dependencies manually as well, personaly I think this is more guaranteed. There is glennric's Ubuntu ppa too, but the git version for Raring (13.04 on which Mint 15 it's based on) is 267, so a little behind.

Maybe it can be a problem with the new .deb builds too, if so it won't take longer to be fixed.