Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cpu and 4.0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lennardude

Since the new version of dolphin (4) some games cause a lot of lag and frame drops it's not with all games and some games have heavier frame drops than other. For example mario football wii has a lot of lag and runs in game around 70-80% but for example brawl does 85-100. The strange thing is when I still had 3.5xx Brawl worked almost perfectly and strikers didn't work.

Do you guys know what the problem is? My specs: Intel i3 2100 3,2 ghz and Sapphire Radeon 6850 and 8 gb ram

Thanks in advance
(11-08-2013, 06:08 PM)lennardude Wrote: [ -> ]Since the new version of dolphin (4) some games cause a lot of lag and frame drops it's not with all games and some games have heavier frame drops than other. For example mario football wii has a lot of lag and runs in game around 70-80% but for example brawl does 85-100. The strange thing is when I still had 3.5xx Brawl worked almost perfectly and strikers didn't work.

Do you guys know what the problem is? My specs: Intel i3 2100 3,2 ghz and Sapphire Radeon 6850 and 8 gb ram

Thanks in advance
1) some games are more demanding than others. brawl isn't too demanding.
2) with newer revisions, accuracy can go up and performance can go down (for example strikers didn't work, now it does).
also, your CPU isn't very fast. you might have to stick with older builds to run games at decent speed.

lennardude

Okay that's clear but do you may be know some changes I can make in the settings so the performance will go a little up or isn't that possible?

Lennard
Enable Vertex Streaming Hack in OpenGL. That gives a good boost in some games.

Try enabling High Performance in Windows and enable TurboBoost so your CPU can go faster.
(11-17-2013, 12:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]...and enable TurboBoost so your CPU can go faster.

Core i3 CPUs doesn't have TurboBoost...
(11-17-2013, 02:28 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2013, 12:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]...and enable TurboBoost so your CPU can go faster.

Core i3 CPUs doesn't have TurboBoost...
All of them or only the first gens? (If the answer is all, then I owe you an apology).
All Core i5 and i7 have TB , Core i3 doesn't have . Core i3 has Hyperthreading technology (2 cores 4 threads) which make it run faster than a normal Dual Core ( 2 cores 2 threads) . However , Hyperthreading feature is useless for Dolphin ....
First gen Core i3/i5/i7 can overclock base clock (overclock a whole system) , 2nd & 3rd & 4th gen Core i3 and non-k Core i5/i7 can't do that ( For Example : i5 3570 is non k 3rd gen i5 , i5 4670k is k 4th gen i5 with k = unlock , overclock by increasing multiplier/ CPU ratio -> Only CPU is OCed , other components are safe)