Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing: How can I get Nookingtons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BeltedYapper

Hey all, I started playing animal crossing about two months ago and I almost have Nookington's in my town, but how do I get it? (Using Dolphin 4.0)
I never got Nookington's in my town (original AC for N64— er, uh, GameCube, played for 3-5 months before switching to New Leaf), and Nookipedia lists no requirements for the original AC, but for subsequent games the requirements include 1) spending mountains of money on Nook's wares and 2) having a friend buy something from your town's Nook n' Go. I don't know if that second one applies for AC, but the first one certainly does.

Also, I'm only 90% sure Nookington's exists in the first game – it certainly exists in Doubutsu no Mori e+, the third Japanese release of the first game (don't ask, tl;dr it's newer than the US's singular Animal Crossing), according to a Let's Play I randomly watched – but there's a 10% chance that's new to e+ for some reason. I dunno, check some Let's Plays. I'm too lazy to watch videos.

BeltedYapper

Thanks for that! I got nookingtons in dolphin by performing a series of memory card switches in the files. (Also, is new leaf any good?)
Thanks for the info, I've edited Nookipedia accordingly.

New Leaf is wonderful stuff, I've been happily playing it since June. Lemme just list a few of the smaller things they've improved, in addition to making you mayor and everything:
-Instead of drawers/wardrobes only containing three things each, every drawer/wardrobe contains the same 180 things and there's a much nicer UI to it.
-Fish now make a distinctive noise when they're hooked, thus you react to that noise instead of to a few pixels on screen changing color slightly.
-There's a wonderful thing called the Happy Home Showcase, where you can look at the houses of other players you've StreetPassed and buy the furniture they're displaying (spoiler: you're not stealing that couch, you're copying it). (If you've set up a Nintendo Zone-spoofing router like I have, this is perfect for completing sets of furniture, 'cause the kinds of people who have those routers set up occasionally end up having 450,000-point HHA scores.)

Go get it, I'll happily swap friend codes with you. (Also, protip, get the downloadable version so you don't have to deal with swapping cartridges or the cart accidentally popping out.)
(11-08-2013, 12:25 AM)BeltedYapper Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that! I got nookingtons in dolphin by performing a series of memory card switches in the files. (Also, is new leaf any good?)
New leaf is amazing. It's the same great game as the original with a ton of small improvements that just make it a much better game.