Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running at very low FPS and VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FPS at 14 or 15 percent. Vps30 - 50 percent
Playing Resident Evil 0 at the moment. Opening doors and stuff makes VPS go to 100 percent. but walking around or actually playing the game it drops way down and my character is moving almost slow motion and the sound stutters too... What can i do?? running 4.0.1

Operating System:Windows 7 x64Processor/CPU:AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 (4 CPUs) 2.8GHzVideo Card/GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TiMemory/RAM:6144MB RAMDolphin Revision Currently Using:Dolphin-x64-4.0.1
Specs and settings, please.
not sure what settings to use, i've tried fiddling with them, have no idea what I should set them to. But i posted my specs.

Operating System:Windows 7 x64Processor/CPU:AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 (4 CPUs) 2.8GHzVideo Card/GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TiMemory/RAM:6144MB RAMDolphin Revision Currently UsingBig Grinolphin-x64-4.0.1
You may want to make that CPU go faster.

And sorry to make you repeat the specs, I didn´t see them at first.

You can start with the options by posting here the game properties (right-click in game/Properties), the graphics and general configs.

If possible, post the options as screenshots.
How would i make the CPU go faster?
[Image: 9789565_bigthumb.png]
Overclocking. It´s simple and it won´t damage your system as long as it keeps running stable.

But careful! If you´re in a laptop, don´t do this! Now, if you´re on a desktop, you´re good to go.

Also take in mind that you have to speed up the fans since higher speed makes more heat.
Would there be risks and how would i check if its running stable? and i'm on a PC. also here is a screenshot [Image: 9789565_bigthumb.png][Image: 9789576_bigthumb.png][Image: 9789577_bigthumb.png][Image: 9789578_bigthumb.png]
1- The settings seem to be good. But try this: Select OpenGL and then Vertex Streaming Hack. That should make the speed go up.

2- If you´re on a laptop, you have LOTS of risks when overclocking. There are still some risks when on a desktop, but the overheating chance gets kind of reduced (almost zero risk if you have good coolers).

PC can be laptop or desktop, so you may want to be specific.

3- To see if it´s stable after O.C., do the following:

Set a bit higher frequency (say 3.0 GHz). You save it in the BIOS and then let your PC boot.

If you select a very high freq., one too high for your PC, it won´t boot. If this happens lower it again until the system boots normally again.
Oh sorry, Desktop. I don't really do laptops lol. not as much power.

Is there a site where I could find out how to overclock? My step dad did it and his is insane. 32gb memory, 2tb hard drive, dunno the graphics card though.
I think there´s an article in a page called EHow.com.

To be honest, I only found the article in Spanish, but you can try to search the English version too.