Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good enough to run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheLonelyWolf1124

I really want to play the legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and remember the old days....But i want to know if my computer is just to weak or I am missing something...the games runs 9-10 fps on small areas and 7-8 fps on big areas,the game is playable but is just no fun to play it.I have:

Intel Core duo 2.00GHz

Ram memory 3 GB

Mobile express 365 chipset family (Can I upgrade this Sh*t?)
Your computer is FAR to weak
Not even a core i7 @ 2.0GHz could run Zelda TP full speed
If you have budget (700USD - Newegg.com or Newegg.ca) : i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G41 or G45 + Seasonic S12II 520W + Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5 + Gskill Ripjaws X Series 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz(2 sticks 2GB) + Rosewill Blackhawk

TheLonelyWolf1124

(11-04-2013, 11:07 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Not even a core i7 @ 2.0GHz could run Zelda TP full speed
If you have budget (700USD - Newegg.com or Newegg.ca) : i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G41 or G45 + Seasonic S12II 520W + Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5 + Gskill Ripjaws X Series 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz(2 sticks 2GB) + Rosewill Blackhawk
I didn't expect play it at full speed,20 fps its enough for me...Anyway i dont have the cash for a new pc so I think I'll play The Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Thank for your answer
Although dolphin is a freeware but it is costly to use it.
And when they keep on "improving" it, maybe you need to keep on upgrading your PC too. Next time you will need 5GHz, 6GHz or 7GHz just to play smoothly.
Unless you need the high end PC for other purposes or else maybe it's better to get a used and modded wii set for US$100++
(11-07-2013, 11:14 AM)sonicboyz Wrote: [ -> ]Although dolphin is a freeware but it is costly to use it.
And when they keep on "improving" it, maybe you need to keep on upgrading your PC too. Next time you will need 5GHz, 6GHz or 7GHz just to play smoothly.
Unless you need the high end PC for other purposes or else maybe it's better to get a used and modded wii set for US$100++
When you said 7 GHz you were talking, say, 10 or 15 years in the future?Tongue

According to Wikipedia, the highest-end CPUs (the highest-end ones you can find), in theory they can hit up to 6.0 and ONLY 6.0 GHz. No more.Confused
It is highly unlikely CPUs will ever hit that speed, rather the IPC will incress
It´s just theory, ExtremeDude2. Saying things in a theory doesn´t necessary mean that it can be done by anyone in the inmediate future. And I DO know that an actual CPU won´t hit that speed... for now.
The 7GHz comment was just his attempt at throwing a joke into his attempt to bitch about dolphins performance requirement. No silicon based cpu could ever hit 7GHz without sacrificing basically everything else that makes a cpu good. Even with graphene it's doubtful. And I'm sure he knows that.

Currently 7 GHz is attainable via overclocking. But only with liquid nitrogen.