Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mouse appears and dolphin stops working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when im playing some of my games sometimes the mouse will appear and the next thing u know dolphin seems like it has crashed is that my pc fault or dolphins fault probley a noobie question
Did it crash only? or was it an error
it seams to just have crashed also it happens alot in super smash bros brawl like when i try going back on my game options
Ah! thats a problem what i'm having right now. Whenever you go back to options or main menu, dolphin crashes, right?Wink

Its your computer's DEP (data execution prevention) blocking dolphin. The purpose of DEP is to prevent any application program from attacking windows by running code from system memory. Because dolphin uses cpu's RAM to run, your computer considers dolphin as the "attacker".

For right now, its impossible to stop dolphin from crashing because it has no DEP-compatibility. If a program has DEP-compatibility, you can configurate the settings to stop your computer from keep closing the program. So IMO, brawl crash can be fixed if we make dolphin a DEP-compatible program. This is much as I know.
ya, how do u make it DEP-compatible probley more conplex than it sounds and also is this why it happens sometimes in other games 2 thnks for all the support so far Smile
Is it that difficult to make it DEP-compatible? This problem is kinda irritating most of the time...
guys, DEP can be disabled with just one command in command prompt Wink
I don't know which command it is... and even so, is it safe for the computer?