Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my rig work with MH3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Smile.. I'm kinda new here so please bear with me...
I'm a big fan of RPG games... And I saw Monster Hunter Tri but it was only available for Wii.. So I'm going to try and play it...
I just thought that it would be a waste if it won't work...
Here's my rig:

AMD A6 - 3500 @ 2.1 GHz (tri-core)
4GB of RAM
Nvidia GTX 550Ti
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

If you need any other info just let me know Big Grin...
Thank you!
Your CPU is too slow and the game won't be enjoyable
(11-04-2013, 02:46 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too slow and the game won't be enjoyable
Would overclocking speed it up?
(11-05-2013, 02:36 PM)Gh0st09 Wrote: [ -> ]Would overclocking speed it up?

Yes, but not by a lot. Mostly likely, you'd need to overclock it absurdly high (beyond the point of failure?) to start getting anywhere.
(11-05-2013, 02:53 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but not by a lot. Mostly likely, you'd need to overclock it absurdly high (beyond the point of failure?) to start getting anywhere.
Oh... If I upgraded my CPU to AMD Athlon II X4 651K would it be running at 60FPS? Or should I get an Intel Core i5?
(11-05-2013, 02:55 PM)Gh0st09 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... If I upgraded my CPU to AMD Athlon II X4 651K would it be running at 60FPS?

Not really. An Athlon II X4 isn't going to cut it for this game. MH3 is pretty demanding at points. Also, MH3 runs at 30 FPS natively, so I don't think you want to try to run the game at 2x the speed it's supposed to be played (gamespeed and framerate are linked btw for most console games).

(11-05-2013, 02:55 PM)Gh0st09 Wrote: [ -> ]Or should I get an Intel Core i5?

The ideal CPU would be an Intel Haswell, i5-4670K. However, the 2500K and 3570K will suffice as well (you should shoot for Haswell though, it's 20~30% faster in Dolphin, requires less overclocking if any for many games). You probably could get away with something less than a 4670K (e.g. the 4570 or 4430) but with the 4670K, you won't be taking any risks or chances, since you can overclock in case stock clocks aren't cutting it. Also keep in mind that Intel's current CPUs have a significant advantage in Dolphin over AMD. Intel's products atm have high single-threaded performance in comparison to AMD's offerings, and single-threaded performance is what Dolphin relies on quite a bit.
So the Intel Core i5 4670K is my best bet... Big Grin
Other than my CPU, is there any other things I need? Like the RAM or my Video Card?

EDIT: What I meant was after upgrading my CPU and Motherboard (since my motherboard isn't compatible with intel) Do I also need to upgrade my RAM and my Video Card which is 4GB RAM and GTX 550Ti?
You'll need a mobo that support i5 4670k and overclocking (MSI Z87 G41 or G45 for example)
Quote: Do I also need to upgrade my RAM and my Video Card which is 4GB RAM and GTX 550Ti?
Nope
Edit : You will have to upgrade your PSU (power supply ) if your current PSU does not provide enough power . What's your PSU btw ? (List model and wattage here)
(11-06-2013, 08:25 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope
Edit : You will have to upgrade your PSU (power supply ) if your current PSU does not provide enough power . What's your PSU btw ? (List model and wattage here)
I don't really know my PSU because the PSU was with the case.. All I know is that it is a Fortress branded case (in which cases the PSU is also Fortress) and it is 700W or 750W..

I'm currently not with my computer so I can't really look for it's PSU... Thanks for the replies btw Smile
It should be ok then
Pages: 1 2