Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game INI code isn't overriding system settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing Metroid Primeand that's a game I've noticed that needs to a certain setting turned on. The setting I'm talking about is "Framelimit by Audio." This setting helps my game in its sped up audio and crackling.

The thing is, the ini code for it "FrameLimit = 0x00000002" doesn't seem to be working. I alt+tab out of the game and change it fromaudio to autoand it changes for the game, even though I have the ini code in place. Is this normal?

And forgive me if I don't respond asap. I'll eventually get back to this within a day or so if it isn't right when a response is posted.
Nvm, I just saw that certain commands such as mine don't work in the ini. Well then, I answered my own question. Hope they fix it soon! These guys kick ass.

Also, I'm not sure how to close threads, but any admin or mod may do so if it isn't closed by myself.
I implemented this recently, upgrade to the latest version.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...s-per-game

These options can be set since dolphin 4.0-264 and won't work with previous revisions.
[Core]
FrameLimit = 0x00000002
Well, I'm actually using Dolphin 4.0.1 and the issue was occurring.

[Core]
FrameLimit = 0x00000002
VBeam = True
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = Tru

That's how I have my game ini set up. Maybe I did something wrong?
Zazabar Wrote:Well, I'm actually using Dolphin 4.0.1 and the issue was occurring.

Dolphin 4.0.1 doesn't have the changes that allow the framelimit to be set via .ini files. You need to use 4.0-264 or above for it to work, like Link_to_the_past said earlier.