Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0.1 Settings Preferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i sort of would like to know if any of the newer additions to the settings that we saw in previous builds (Such as HLE Audio) have been optimized and actually work better on this new version, because previously (From my experience) they had no effect. I use very high end hardware so i was wondering if anyone else has noticed changes with their own personal emulation and have got any major improvements.
The only improvements I know are the speed-ups in some GC/Wii games and the HLE rewrite that fixed about 99% of bugs in 99% of games that Dolphin supports.
Yeah im Interested to know if anyone got Major speed increases on this new version with different settings or even the same ones
Well, to start, Mario Party 5 and 6 are running faster than ever, at full speed (they used to run at 45 FPS, now they hit 60 all the time with minor drops).

Super Mario Sunshine is more playable in my laptop and Mario Galaxy, well,Confused it´s not that is running at high speeds but the playability is acceptable (at least for me).

Off-topic: When is the reply writer bug is going to be fixed?Dodgy It´s just driving me crazy! Huh

Back to topic: To give you more accurate answers, you may want to specify the games you´re expecting to have improvements.

EDIT: Sh****t! It happened again.Confused
F-Zero GX is running very well for me. With 3.5, the game would run at such a low fps during races due to all the other racers, but with 4.0.1 it runs very well. Not a steady 60fps at 1080, but it's still a hell of a lot better.
@Polsom
I'm guessing you're looking for a comparison of features and performance between dolphin 3.5 and 4.0/4.0.1? Your question is vaguely worded in my opinion.
(11-05-2013, 09:35 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@Polsom
I'm guessing you're looking for a comparison of features and performance between dolphin 3.5 and 4.0/4.0.1? Your question is vaguely worded in my opinion.
Yeah i was sort of unsure myself, but yeah i wanted people to post here any major improvements they found with their games when switching to the newer versions, that way i could see if they had changed to any of the newer settings like HLE audio so i could see if i could manage to improve my overall emulation. The only game i really play is Metroid Prime and to be honest its very hard to run stable and thats just with standard graphics. I really want to push it up a bit and play it with much higher than usual graphics.
So feel free to post any major improvements and experiences that you have found here.
So just general improvements to any game in speed or accuracy? Or specifically related to new options?

As far as new options go we also have the vertex streaming hack which boosts performance in openGL considerably for nvidia users.
(11-08-2013, 09:41 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]So just general improvements to any game in speed or accuracy? Or specifically related to new options?

As far as new options go we also have the vertex streaming hack which boosts performance in openGL considerably for nvidia users.
I sort of want to see if any of the new options have taken a big effect, because i know previously i wasn't even using DX11 because it was actually worse off than DX9 so things like that
Not many new options were added. In fact more options were removed than added. And this will likely continue in the future as the devs are trying to make the UI and code cleaner and easier to maintain. However there have been literally thousands of improvements made to the code in between those two builds. Some of them take the form of small performance improvements, options removed/added, game .ini updates, etc. But most of them are just minor bug fixes or code cleanup that you're unlikely to notice unless you play the more obscure games.

Netplay and openAL were added after 3.5. And openGL was almost completely rewritten in the GLSL rewrite. It's now much faster and more accurate than it was before. It's kind of hard to keep track of everything that has happened in between release builds considering how many changes there are spread out over so much time (I think it was 6 months give or take this time?).
Pages: 1 2