Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: getting new rig! Close to optimal for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone, I've been the owner of a laptop with the infamous amd a10-4600m and while it's actually quite impressive for PC games considering it's price, I know enough that we can all agree it's just not meant for Wii/PS2 emulation. Can someone check the link I've posted and tell me if this PC is worth it for overclocking and our favorite emulator? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Gamer...B00CWIPA80
A simple overclock to the i5 that comes with and you should be done.Smile

But seems that you won´t handle more that 4x AA in some games.

Which games you will play?
I was mostly thinking smash bros and Mario galaxy but I really want to overclock eventually and attempt last story.is the graphics card the only thing that's lacking because I'll upgrade that later.it's got 600w that should be plenty, right? I'm a little green on all this.thanks again.
You will have slowdowns in Last Story, but most parts of the game will be playable.

Mario Galaxy shouldn´t give you problems.
Good information to know. Thanks. As a base PC to eventually equip with cooling and such does it seem like a full overclock to 4.6-4.8ghz would make last story and xenoblade close to full speed? If there's a better machine for around $850 or less I'd welcome a suggestion. I'm not really the hardware type but I have a buddy who will help me upgrade stuff later on.
Close to full speed with that machine. After you overclock the i5 to the frequency you said (4.8 GHz) almost every game will run at full speed (the demanding ones will slow down a bit, but they will be playable anyway).

(looks back at one of the O.P.´s post)

Which SSB will you play?
Whew. Still amazing the requirements for some of these games.Lol. technology is wonderful, isn't it? I kinda alternate between melee and brawl. Both run a tad poorly on my amd but I've been resorting to playing turbo mode to get by and ignore it. Why do you ask?
(11-02-2013, 10:52 AM)jessman1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Whew. Still amazing the requirements for some of these games.Lol. technology is wonderful, isn't it? I kinda alternate between melee and brawl. Both run a tad poorly on my amd but I've been resorting to playing turbo mode to get by and ignore it. Why do you ask?
Because I forgot to tell you that you won´t have problems with both SSB. And I didn´t say that because you didn´t specify the SSB games before.
4670K is OK for most games. Not sure you even need to overclock that high
(11-02-2013, 10:53 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2013, 10:52 AM)jessman1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Whew. Still amazing the requirements for some of these games.Lol. technology is wonderful, isn't it? I kinda alternate between melee and brawl. Both run a tad poorly on my amd but I've been resorting to playing turbo mode to get by and ignore it. Why do you ask?
Because I forgot to tell you that you won´t have problems with both SSB. And I didn´t say that because you didn´t specify the SSB games before.
Ah. Well, I appreciate all the info as it is. I tried to do enough research to find a semi decent computer and I'm glad it sounds like I'm picking a good one. I didn't even know that some i5s can't be overclocked so feel free to lay some info on me even if it should be common knowledge. Other forums i visit just don't seem to have a helpful attitude so I'm grateful for what I've gotten help with.
Pages: 1 2 3