Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Party 4-7 Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason i can't post in the Gamecube section, could a mod switch it?

Hello guys,

I was trying to play Mario Party 4 on Dolphine 4.0 - I played it with 1 Friend and it worked nearly Perfect. But when i was trying to play with 3 Friends it kept lagging around (no desync)
We tried alot of different settings - and some Super Smash Bros. Versions as well. But as soon as we were 3 people, it lagged. Our internet connection and our Systems should be more then enough to handle Mp4. We also tried host switching - player switching.

Is there a common issue with Mp4? Or could the iso just be broken?

Do other Mario Party Titles work better? (5-7)

Hopefully someone has an answer for it. i would really enjoy to play any Gamecube Mario party.

THANKS!
It lagged because your PC(s) isn´t/aren´t strong enough to handle multiplayer modes in that game.
Not being able to create threads in the GameCube section is intentional; it's limited to people with a high enough post count to create game-specific threads with each game's wiki page embedded in 'em. I personally don't fucking understand the appeal in this, but WHATEVER.

Anyway, yeah, the lag is either due to the pad buffer being set too low or due to someone's computer/internet being shitty.

Also: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
Yeah, you probably set the padbuffer too low. Because Mario Party uses the same number of players no matter what, I'm going to guess that you had the pad buffer too low for 4 players.
We tried it with Pad buffer 20 then i changed it to 150-200 and had about 4 seconds delay, But it didnt lag.
I really dont get it cause our systems and connections are pretty good. :X

1.039 kbit/s
1.039 kbit/s
0.921 kbit/s
11.336 kbit/s
those are our uploads

We all have an i5 or higher
Geforce Gtx550 or higher
atleast 4GB ram

And if i host other games like, Counter strike servers - warcraft - minecraft - terraria, the ping of my mates doesn't go up at all, we're using hamachi btw.
Oh. You're using Hamachi. Yeah, that's your problem. Hamachi is absolutely terrible for 1 v 1, but beyond that it throttles really bad. Why not just have one person port forward and truly host.
I forwarded my router TCp and UDP but for some reason no one could connect. I forwarded the port 1-1337 and 2626. Or is there an other port i have to forward?
Forwarding certain ports (e.g. 80 and 8080) is a terrible idea, FYI – 80 is used for almost all common web traffic, thus you may break the internet connection for everyone else in the house by forwarding it to your computer (though I'm just guessing about this outcome, I've never done this myself). Just forward one port and set Dolphin to use that port.
We managed to get a lag free game, but if we try to play it desyncs every 3th turn of mario party 4 - the other mario partys dont work :X
(11-01-2013, 09:33 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't fucking understand the appeal in this, but WHATEVER.

99% of games already have their own threads. There's no need to create other ones. I guess this is the main reason
Pages: 1 2