Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: stuttering sound in Sonic Adventure DX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thegimp

I have not had a sound stuttering problem in the other games I've played. I am just using default options here. I have an emulation speed of mostly 90% at these default options. Adjusting frame skip settings have not helped.
Post your specs and Dolphin version.
(11-01-2013, 04:05 AM)thegimp Wrote: [ -> ]I have an emulation speed of mostly 90%

This is your problem right here. You need an emulation speed of mostly 100% in order to avoid choppy audio. It could be an issue with your settings (SA:DX is not a demanding game afaik) but more often than not it's due to the CPU not being fast enough for a certain game in Dolphin. If your settings look okay, then the issue is most likely with your CPU. We won't know until you post them.

To elaborate on what DJBarry said, take screenshots of the following: click the Graphics button and go to the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs, click the Config button and look at the General and Audio tabs, right-click Sonic Adventure:DX in Dolphin and go to Properties. That should be everything we need to see.
According to your bio sheet, your CPU and GPU should be enough to handle this game. Try getting the latest 4.0.1 revision off the site.

thegimp

I've tried dolphin 3.5-367 AND the newest 4.01 version. My specs are windows 7 64-bit, geforce 560, i5-2310 and 6 GiB of RAM.
[attachment=9949]
Disable Pixel Lightning, Antialiasing, Zelda TP hack and Bound box calculation.

Activate High Performance in Windows and TurboBoost in the BIOS.

thegimp

(11-03-2013, 01:36 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Disable Pixel Lightning, Antialiasing, Zelda TP hack and Bound box calculation.

Activate High Performance in Windows and TurboBoost in the BIOS.
i accidentally took screenshots of version 3.5. I haven't changed settings on 4.01. Even my internal resolution on 4.01 is the gamecube native one around 640x480.
Try using OpenGL and enable the Vertex Streaming Hack. This should be faster than Direct3D9. Additionally, switch your audio backend to OpenAL and increase the latency until you don't notice anymore stuttering.