Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Gateway NV53a Good enough to run dolphin smoothly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys just wondering if my PC is good enough to run dolphin smoothly
Specs:
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon II P320 Dual-core processor 2.10 GHz
Installed memory/RAM: 4.00 GB (3.74 usable)
Graphics card/GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Dolphin version: 4.0 x64

any suggestions would be great! thx
No. Your cpu is way too weak for most games and I cannot for the life of me find the bandwidth on your gpu but considering it was compared to the intel gma igpus in a few pages I'm just going to assume it's too weak as well.
Build a gaming PC with sth like i5 4670k or buy a super expensive laptop if you're rick (Start from 1000$) . A netbook can't even run Windows smoothly , let alone Dolphin
(11-01-2013, 01:32 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Build a gaming PC with sth like i5 4670k or buy a super expensive laptop if you're rick (Start from 1000$) . A netbook can't even run Windows smoothly , let alone Dolphin
now this aint no ordianry notebook it plays minecraft at 45 FPS and i dont haev that kind of money im 13

(11-01-2013, 12:51 AM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]No. Your cpu is way too weak for most games and I cannot for the life of me find the bandwidth on your gpu but considering it was compared to the intel gma igpus in a few pages I'm just going to assume it's too weak as well.
i just saw somewhere (if it helps) that the core speed is 500MHz and has 512 MB of dedicated memory
(talking about the GPU of course)http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid...0HD%204250 here's the link to the site
That's minecraft. This is an emulator. Dolphin is a hell of a lot more demanding than minecraft. You might be able to get light weight games to run, but they won't run well. Your cpu is simply too weak.
And to be honest, 45FPS is pretty low for Minecraft. What render distance was it at?
(11-01-2013, 02:01 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]And to be honest, 45FPS is pretty low for Minecraft. What render distance was it at?
16 chunks (far)
If you think about it minecraft is a virtual machine :3
Ok is there any way to make it run at an acceptably
(11-01-2013, 04:56 AM)GUY2911 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok is there any way to make it run at an acceptably
For Dolphin: No, your only choice is buying or assembling an average desktop pc. Saying you're only 13 doesn't help. To run Dolphin you need a good rig. 300$ hardware isn't going to cut it. Save up and maybe in a year or two, you can enjoy dolphin.
Pages: 1 2