Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin development versions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the current latest development version of Dolphin a update to the version before it or a update to the latest official release only?

So is it...

4.0-XXX < 4.0-XXX

or

4.0-XXX < 4.0.1 Official

I currently only use official builds because I never knew the difference.
As far as I know, 4.0.1 is 4.0 with some select commits from the 4.0-XXX development builds shortly after 4.0 was released. The development builds reflect the constant work the devs do on the master branch, so the latest 4.0-XXX builds are naturally going to have the latest changes.

4.0-500 would be newer than 4.0-400, and so on. 4.0.1 isn't based on any single commit from the development builds, but 4.0.1 is slightly newer than some 4.0-XXX builds (not a lot of builds, just up to 4.0-32 or somewhere in that range, I'm not entirely sure though.)

You can use 4.0.1 if you want, but there's no need to if 1) you want the very latest changes or 2) 4.0 works just fine. 4.0.1 was released to fix only a few specific issues (see here: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/10/21/...ouncement/) so unless you have a problem with 4.0, you don't have to upgrade to 4.0.1 or the latest development build.
(10-31-2013, 01:24 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ](not a lot of builds, just up to 4.0-32 or somewhere in that range, I'm not entirely sure though.)
The first commit not included in 4.0.1 is 4.0-2/3. The first commit that is included is 4.0-19.