Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphic card switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Atheechrist

Hello everybody,

I start trying using Dolphin 4.0.1. I used to play with 3.5 version.

I have a problem with graphic card. I have a laptop with 2 graphic cards (intel standard poor quality for games and nvidia card for games). When I start dolphin it uses the nvidia card (put as default in windows) but when I start a game it switches back to the intel one and impossible to choose the nvidia again. If I restart dolphin, I go back to nvidia and intel for games....It doesn't happen in dolphin 3.5. Always stay with nvidia.

Does anyone have a clue why it switches to intel card when running a game? And how to prevent it?

Thanks
This is a known issue. Apparently you can't force Dolphin to use your Nvidia GPU from Dolphin itself. Instead you have to force the GPU to be used from Nvidia's drivers. Follow this guide, and it should help you: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-la...ance-guide Specifically, see Part 2: GPU Performance.

Even though Dolphin says the Intel IGP is being used, Dolphin will really be using the Nvidia one, after you complete the above instructions, that is.

Atheechrist

Thank you for the reply. I modify the windows control panel for performances (I already did for the Nvidia) and now it effectively uses Nvidia even though says not in the Dolphin control panel. Problem solved.