Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Easy way to transfer saves from older Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently running Dolphin 3.5-367. I went to download 4.0.1 and noticed that it now actually installs the program and has a new area for saves and whatnot. I'd like to just transfer over all my older settings as they've worked out well for me in the past. I read in an older thread that you were able to just simply download the newer Dolphin version and simply replace the exe, but now that seems like it won't be as easy.

I've got it narrowed down to the folder "User" as to the location of my things from the older Dolphin. I just don't know if they go in the exe folder of the new dolphin or if they should mosey on over to the My Documents/Dolphin Emulator folder somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.
The content of the User folder has to be placed inside the folder in My Documents/Dolphin Emulator yeah.

This is done so you won't have to constantly move over your data/config with new versions to the new folders. (In the past I literally had 20 different folders of Dolphin to keep my settings lolol).
Thanks guys, sorry for the late response. I'll check out that thread and reply to you folks to let you know how well it worked.

That link worked perfectly. Many thanks friend.