Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SD files transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm trying to transfer a few custom stages/snapshots from Smash Bros Brawl to Dolphin. I assumed I could just do it via SD card like on the actual Wii, but Dolphin doesn't seem to recognize I have an actual SD card in my PC and keeps making a virtual one.
Does Dolphin have SD card support? And if not, is there any other method I can use to transfer my data?
Just to confirm, I'm not trying to transfer my whole Brawl save. Just custom stages, replays, and snapshots.

Oh, and I'm using Dolphin 3.5.
Thanks for any help. Big Grin
1-Try this: dump them in a .RAW file. Copy it to the Wii saves directory and rename it SD.RAW. (All this using the SD card). It should work.

2- Dolphin 3.5 is very old, and not supported.
(10-30-2013, 03:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1-Try this: dump them in a .RAW file. Copy it to the Wii saves directory and rename it SD.RAW. (All this using the SD card). It should work.

2- Dolphin 3.5 is very old, and not supported.
OK I'll give it a shot. Many thanks.
And I'm using 3.5 as Dolphin 4.0 and up absolutely cripple my speed and make it unplayable Tongue
Actually, 4.0 is a kind of "half-clone" made from 3.5. Most games will run slower, others will run the same and others will even have speed-ups.

Also keep in mind that new versions are more accurate (that explains the slowdowns you´re dealing with).
(10-30-2013, 03:35 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, 4.0 is a kind of "half-clone" made from 3.5. Most games will run slower, others will run the same and others will even have speed-ups.

Also keep in mind that new versions are more accurate (that explains the slowdowns you´re dealing with).
Yeah, thats what I have found, in almost all cases for me while 3.5 runs most games 100%, 4.0 struggles to hit 50%. WIth my PC, I'd rather have the speed than a little more accuracy Smile
DJBarry004 Wrote:Actually, 4.0 is a kind of "half-clone" made from 3.5.

[Image: what-the-hell-i-dont-even.jpg]

At least the rest of what you said, the important stuff, is correct. Newer versions almost always have higher accuracy and slower performance. It's not quite as simple as that of course. Just play a game with an LLE requirement in 3.5 and you'll be getting MUCH higher speed in 4.0 with HLE, for AX-HLE games anyway.
@MaJoR: I said it was a half clone because of this:
Quote:Most games will run slower, others will run the same and others will even have speed-ups.
And I meant that some speed-ups experienced in 3.5 are still in 4.0 and the others were simply taken away with regressions.

Do you now understand what I wanted to say?

(BTW, that Jackie Chan image looks pretty funny).Tongue