Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tons of lag when trying to record with external program, with OpenGL backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So uh yeah, I don't know if you really care enough for a problem with recording to say anything about this, but I'm having this problem whereas I've tried both Fraps and DxTory to record (DxTory is supposed to have like 1% impact on performance on my setup) and if I have the OpenGL backend selected, the fps drops to 20-30 from 60 the moment I start recording. Whereas with DirectX 11, which by itself already runs a bit under 60 fps, doesn't run any slower whenever I record or not. I'd just like to be able to record while using the way more reliable and better performing backend, which in this case would be OpenGL... FPS also doesn't drop if I use DirectX 9, but that's too unstable to actually use despite the good framerate. Trying to record F-Zero GX.
Do you have vsync enabled in dolphin or your drivers settings? Disable it in both and try again.
Well seems like I only get that lag in 1 game, I'm just going to go ahead and assume it's only because the game is demanding as hell (probably the most demanding I've played on the emulator).

Game's F-Zero GX, when I record Super Smash Bros Brawl, Rock Band 3 or Geometry Wars, there's no lag. So guess I can't really solve this problem. Thanks anyways, and it wasn't v-sync Tongue