Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel HD 4600?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After consulting members on this forum, I have decided to go with the 4670k-z87 combo. For my build, I have decided to get the r9-280x graphics card. However, it's gonna take me a while to save up money for the card so for the time being I'm planning to use the CPU graphics (as if I have a choice). I'm curious how well Intel HD 4600 would perform in Dolphin. Thanks in advance.
It should be fine for 1-2X IR in most games.
(10-28-2013, 10:55 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]It should be fine for 1-2X IR in most games.
1080p?
No, 720p (2x IR)... Some light games may run at 3x (1080p), but in most of cases you'll get slowdowns due GPU bottleneck...
Some of the demanding games may even require 1x or 1.5x IR (closer to 480p). It varies a lot from game to game.

jackharvest

So what about Intel HD 5000? I'm considering the latest Intel NUC with the following specs:

Would I have a prayer at playing some Brawl with the Mrs.?
That's a low power CPU. It will cause issues for you with anything above a light-medium game.
Brawl will run, you may run into a little bit of slowdowns here and there, but it should be fine, and the HD 5000 will max give you 2.5x on light games. Brawl, probably 1.5, maybe 2

jackharvest

(11-19-2013, 03:52 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]That's a low power CPU. It will cause issues for you with anything above a light-medium game.
Brawl will run, you may run into a little bit of slowdowns here and there, but it should be fine, and the HD 5000 will max give you 2.5x on light games. Brawl, probably 1.5, maybe 2
Thanks for the fast input! Guess I'll pass on these ULV machines since they don't pack the punch I was hoping for. Doubt they'll release a non-ULV version since it would likely get too hot in the tiny case.

Thanks!
No prob.
Any reason you're looking into a NUC box? Want a cheap tv box to play light games on?