Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Individual settings for every game yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Linktech

I noticed now with 4.0 we are forced to use the same files in our documents, this ruined my set up of having individual games with different graphic settings for certain games.

For example, I used to have a folder with a bunch of shortcuts to things like "Skyward Sword HD, Smash Bros. Brawl Minus, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story" And have each of them have different graphic settings for various reasons, mostly being bug fixes but some because certain games can handle higher settings.

Anyone able to do this yet? Or do I have to memorize these settings and go through everytime I wish to play a different game? I wanted to make this as user friendly to myself and my girlfriend as possible without having to have to get into the settings again.

I would also like to state, that with 4.0 it HAS gotten a lot easier, it seems that most games don't need any special settings anymore and everything runs faster and smoother overall. I might even be able to just have one profile for every game, I will have to give it some testing to see just how promising this is.

Linktech

(10-28-2013, 05:49 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]See here:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...s-per-game
This is exactly what I needed thank you. Yet so far I have no reason to use this with 4.0 it seems, Skies of Arcadia is fixed and so is everything else that had issues before o.O

My only issue now is the big question of Direct X or OpenGL, Just gotta choose one Tongue
On a Nvidia GPU, OpenGL (with Vertex Streaming Hack checked) is almost always faster. On AMD/Intel, it varies.

Linktech

(10-29-2013, 10:30 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]On a Nvidia GPU, OpenGL (with Vertex Streaming Hack checked) is almost always faster. On AMD/Intel, it varies.
Ahh, I didn't have Vertex Streaming Hack checked. I noticed it was using a lot more of my CPU (70%~) cores with OpenGL and yet DX was only using 50%~ but I never checked my GPU Big Grin . I'll have to check that streaming hack and get that set up Smile Thanks for the tip.
It's pretty commonly-known around here. I'm actually tired of going around and still having to tell people about it, really.
"Yet"? This has been available for longer than i have been using dolphin.