Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound problem (HM:Animal Parade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How should i configure my Dolphin 4.0.1? i'm trying to play harvest moon animal parade and the sound is cracking and my fps is 19. LOL
i have no idea how should i configure it, if someone can help me i'll be glad Big Grin
my pc isnt that bad.

i dont know if other games will be like that, i dont intend play others games.
splitter Wrote:my pc isnt that bad.

It isn't that good either, not for Dolphin at least. Dolphin is an incredibly demanding program.

Your sound crackles because you aren't running the game at fullspeed. If you still get slowdowns when your Internal Resolution is set to 1x and your AA is disabled, then the issue is your CPU rather than your GPU. If this is the case, consider overclocking your CPU (but doing research first!). Settings alone only go so far, and Dolphin is short on speed-hacks, so you're probably going to be looking at a hardware solution. You can try to use the OpenAL audio backend and increase the Latency. This will try to slow down the audio as the game speed slows down, but you'll still have low FPS, and if you get too low the sound still crackles anyway.
(edited for forum rules/fix)

somethings you can try though that might help
try:
switching your graphics backend to openGL (works better for me might for you)
put your AA to none
if your cpu has more than 2 cores put a check on OpenMP Texture Decoder
in Config enable idle skipping (for harvest moon it helps me maintain fps to 30 -31)

i had sound stutters before i made these selections i use doplhin version 4.027 for this game,

because your system is a little slower and its sounds like, sound is your only concern and if your scared of overclocking use dolphin 3.5 the HLE sound is not connected to framerate like in 4.0.

so even if you have low fps you will not have sound stutter/crackling.

Just know that 3.5 is not supported anymore, if it works well for you in this game as far as sound goes great! but if 3.5 causes random crashes for you, or other bugs your out of luck because as stated by shonumi its no longer being supported.
(10-29-2013, 09:39 AM)ib3killen Wrote: [ -> ]if your scared of overclocking use dolphin 3.5 the HLE sound is not connected to framerate like in 4.0.

so even if you have low fps you will not have sound stutter/crackling.

From the Global Forum Rules

Quote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the latest official release. Older builds have missing features and issues with games that would be fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master builds. We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users since they are not supported on the forums.

Anything below 4.0 is not supported anymore (hence it's "old"). It's okay to share your experiences with old builds, but if you think an old build would be beneficial to a user, do not forget to add that such builds will receive no support here on the forums. Additionally, old builds have issues that have since been fixed (HLE audio in 3.5 is still utter garbage for games like Xenoblade Chronicles, but is perfect in 4.0., and HLE audio in 3.5 is still pretty bad in other games as well). You're free to use whatever build you want, but if you tell others about them, you need to throw up a few disclaimers.
I'm also experiencing this same problem. Only it's with game Mario Sports Mix. The audio is stuttering, but the speed of the game is good. There is some configuration that improves it? I tried for the chart in OpenGL, but it did not work.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...mal_Parade look at this, almost all of them are the same (or almost) of mine, and i think is a problem with configuration, if you dont want to help me with some tips, just let it go.
i played it 6 months ago Clean and with a good quality of graphics, same pc.

If I extract the game sound, will help?
(10-30-2013, 03:20 PM)spliter Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...mal_Parade look at this, almost all of them are the same (or almost) of mine, and i think is a problem with configuration

It's nothing to do with your configuration. As of 3.5-1154, all audio issues with this game should have been fixed when using HLE or LLE audio. The condition is that you must run this game at fullspeed, or else the sound will be choppy. Like I said, your PC isn't particularly strong for Dolphin, especially not for every game on the latest revisions. You can use the OpenAL audio backend like I suggested earlier, but unless you overclock, there probably isn't much you can do about the sound.

spliter Wrote:If I extract the game sound, will help?

Nope.
(10-31-2013, 01:14 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2013, 03:20 PM)spliter Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...mal_Parade look at this, almost all of them are the same (or almost) of mine, and i think is a problem with configuration

It's nothing to do with your configuration. As of 3.5-1154, all audio issues with this game should have been fixed when using HLE or LLE audio. The condition is that you must run this game at fullspeed, or else the sound will be choppy. Like I said, your PC isn't particularly strong for Dolphin, especially not for every game on the latest revisions. You can use the OpenAL audio backend like I suggested earlier, but unless you overclock, there probably isn't much you can do about the sound.

' Wrote:If I extract the game sound, will help?

Nope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ihgg8r_...nR4IJT7kfQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdj5CxiAr...nR4IJT7kfQ

My recorded video 6months ago, same pc.
(11-02-2013, 12:34 AM)spliter Wrote: [ -> ]My recorded video 6months ago, same pc.

6 months ago, you weren't using Dolphin 4.0.1. If you were using something before 3.5-1154, you won't have stuttering audio in Wii games if you can't run the game fullspeed. Additionally, 4.0.1. is generally more demanding in a number of games than previous revisions. A game can run fine on 3.5, but run like crap on 4.0 even with the same hardware. Dolphin gets more accurate over time, and this leads to slowdowns in some games.