Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another way to online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there another way to play online without DSL or Cable Connection? Can i play online with WiFi?
You can use whatever internet connection you want as long as it isn't extremely slow or high-latency.
(10-28-2013, 10:51 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]You can use whatever internet connection you want as long as it isn't extremely slow or high-latency.
Can you help me with the setting? Because My Dolphin won't connect with WiFi
...First off, which internet-related thing are you using? Dolphin's got three of them (netplay, GameCube Broadband Adapter, Wii... uh, whatever they officially call that).

(In any case, I'll probably have to defer to someone who actually uses these features to help you configure them.)
Pradiva, you need to explain how you're trying to play online. Once you do that, we have a variety of guides that explain what you can and cannot do.
I'm trying play Monster Hunter Tri, but i haven't any cable connection, so i use WiFi. When i try to online, it said "no connection detected" then the game disconnected. There must be something wrong with setting (that's my thought)
Am i make myself clear? Sorry for my bad english
You didn't answer. There are three ways for Dolphin to use the internet.

1. Netplay: Dolphin's built in online multiplayer. Works with most games (GCN or Wii) and has low latency.
2. BroadBand Adapter (BBA): Emulates the GameCube BBA. Only a handful of GameCube games support it, and it doesn't work very well over the net.
3. Nintendo WiFi Connection: Dolphin can use Nintendo's official online play system, connecting to physical wiis or other dolphin users.

I assume you are trying to use the Nintendo WiFi Connection?
Yes, yes, that's what i'm trying to do
Monster Hunter Tri cannot go on the Nintendo WFC anymore. The official servers have been shut down. You can't even get onto it with a real Wii. Sorry.
Well, if that so, that's fine. Anyway thanks for reply and help me out Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2