Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Export Wii Save (Experimental) option doesn't work with Call of Duty MW:R (COD4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

baygon95

Hi guys,

I'm playing Call of Duty MW:R (COD4) with Dolphin v4.01 x64. I'm trying to save my game profile with the 'Export Wii Save (Experimental)' option.
Well now when i load the saved game (data.bin) into dolphin (wii save import) or into my real wii (wii data manager), then at launch Call Of Duty MWR telling me that my save is corrupted. I have no choice to erase it too.

Is there a bug with 'Export wii save' option with COD4 ? A solution ?

Thanks to your respons or solutions and what a good work dolphin !!

Best regards
can you zip the original save files and upload them here?
right click on game in dolphin > open wii save folder; zip the contents

baygon95

(10-28-2013, 05:51 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]can you zip the original save files and upload them here?
Here are the wiisave directory et the data.bin generated.

[attachment=9921]

(10-28-2013, 05:51 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]can you zip the original save files and upload them here?
oops can't join data.bin. may be to large (8Mb)
these should be enough, just to confirm, this save is not corrupted?
If you were to extract the zip into the original location the game will load the save?

The only difference between before packing into data.bin and after extracting is that the copyprotection flag is removed from the banner. It is possible that the game checks this, you can try importing data.bin and replacing the banner file with the original from the zip file, if it now recognizes as valid, than this will be the case.
if so, you will need to use homebrew to copy the save to your wii, and to pass between different installations of dolphin, you will just need to use zip files to do the transfer.

baygon95

(10-29-2013, 03:37 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]these should be enough, just to confirm, this save is not corrupted?
If you were to extract the zip into the original location the game will load the save?

[color=#000099]=> Not corrupted : i can play with it after unzip it into the original location the game[/color]

The only difference between before packing into data.bin and after extracting is that the copyprotection flag is removed from the banner. It is possible that the game checks this, you can try importing data.bin and replacing the banner file with the original from the zip file, if it now recognizes as valid, than this will be the case.
[color=#000066][color=#000099]=> I did it (importing data.bin and remplacing the banner file with the orginal from the zip (in dolphin)) => COD4 is working so fine. So it's that fu!<1~9 of copyprotection flag !!![/color]
[/color]
if so, you will need to use homebrew to copy the save to your wii, and to pass between different installations of dolphin, you will just need to use zip files to do the transfer.
[color=#000099]==> Well i will try it (i don't know exatly how but i think that i will find somewhere in the forum, homebrew is on my wii).
Thanks for your help. I will inform you asap.
[/color][color=#0000ff]
Best regards[/color]
you can use savemanager gx through the homebrew channel to add the save,

When writing the export feature I had two options:
A)Leave copyprotection flag alone
dolphin->dolphin transfers work fine
dolphin->wii transfers only work if there is no copyprotection flag
B)Remove copyprotection flag:
dolphin->(dolphin or wii) work fine for anygame that does not check the copyprotection flag itself
which adds the ablility for games that set the flag (ssbb) to be successfully transfered to wii, which doesn't work with A