Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0 + working with Nvidia 3DTV Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I've managed to get Dolphin working with Nvidia 3DTV play. I don't know if it will work with 3D Vision as I don't have it, but I assume it will.

Bear in mind I don't know *why* this works; I found it through a lot of note-taking and trial and error.

I've created a profile for Dolphin which can be installed using Nvidia Inspector. Before I post it I'd like to ask the mods if it's OK?
Feel free to post it. There's no rule against doing useful things for the community. (There should be one against being harmful to it, though. v_v)
What paul just said. There's no reason not to share it since no rule is violated.
Thanks. I wanted to make sure that you were fine with it being 'unofficial' and all. You'll need Nvidia Inspector from http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvid...nload.html.

[Edit]removed the code because it wasn't formatting correctly.[/edit]

1) Paste that code into a text document and rename it 'whatever.nip', or download and extract the file I've posted.

2) Run Nvidia Inspector. Open the profile editor (the button to the right of the driver version box).

3) Click 'import user defined profiles'. Point it at the new file.

4) Make sure 3D is enabled in Nvidia Control Panel.
5) Put on your glasses and enjoy!

Tested and working with Wii Sports Resort and House of the Dead: Overkill. Should work in all games I guess. Disabling fog is required in Wii Sports Resort or you get a quarter of the screen in 2D.
Nvidia 3DTV play works great with Dolphin. Easy to setup and to configure. I tested 10 different games including WiiWare/GC and had no problem, only NSMB that can't emulate 3D. With TriDef 3D it fixes NSMB. The setup and customize is much more advance than Nvidia 3DTV play and has a higher rate in 3D. It takes a lot of time to set up but once you complete your set up and save profile it works great.
Just a noob question, are you guys talking about playing Wii in Dolphin IN 3D?
(10-29-2013, 05:58 AM)SanePoker Wrote: [ -> ]Just a noob question, are you guys talking about playing Wii in Dolphin IN 3D?
Yes. Have 3D vision enable in DX9 backend.
@Joedogg

Dolphin in DirectX9 has supported 3D for a long time. The fix that I posted enables 3D for DirectX 11, enabling you to use 3D with the latest development versions of Dolphin. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough in my first post.

And yes, this allows you to play Wii games on Dolphin in 3D. House of the Dead: Overkill is AWESOME.

tronic307

(10-29-2013, 11:10 AM)Tomkun Wrote: [ -> ]@Joedogg

Dolphin in DirectX9 has supported 3D for a long time. The fix that I posted enables 3D for DirectX 11, enabling you to use 3D with the latest development versions of Dolphin. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough in my first post.

And yes, this allows you to play Wii games on Dolphin in 3D. House of the Dead: Overkill is AWESOME.
For some reason this doesn't work for me in DX11. The only effect it has is forced 3D for DX9 on Dolphin 4.01. I have 3DTV Play with a GTX 780. I think you've hit on a solution, though. My config is just different than yours.
(11-26-2013, 02:08 AM)tronic307 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2013, 11:10 AM)Tomkun Wrote: [ -> ]@Joedogg

For some reason this doesn't work for me in DX11. The only effect it has is forced 3D for DX9 on Dolphin 4.01. I have 3DTV Play with a GTX 780. I think you've hit on a solution, though. My config is just different than yours.
In Nvidia Inspector, after you add the profile make sure that 'dolphin.exe' is assigned to it. Other than that I don't know what your problem could be, sorry.

All I can say is that it works fine here, and it's a really simple tweak, so I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere.
Pages: 1 2