Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgrading GPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-26-2013, 08:55 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Mantle is very good
Because API > actual speed of the hardware, riiiiiiiiiiight. If Mantle existed for NVIDIA cards they would be faster in BF4. Mantle is marketing so the little twats buy more AMD products, nothing more. Same with BF4 recommending 3GB of VRAM but still recommending a GTX660ti which only has 2GB.

Point is, the better drivers of NVIDIA make up for that easily, the new game recording feature etc and all the other stuff. Get a GTX760, you won't regret it.
I'm not sure I would agree with that either. Your statement has the same problem as his. It's not based on any data. Reduced API restrictions can in fact produce drastic performance improvements with the same hardware. The key word being "can".
If you do go for a 760, then I'd wait until mid-November. nVidia are supposed to do a price slash to compete with the Rxxx series then (although I can't remember if I read this in an nVidia announcement, hexus quoting an nVidia announcement, or Hexus speculating).
Likely hexus speculating since I haven't heard anything about it on any of the tech blogs or news sites I frequent.
I can't find it on Hexus any more, either.
Pages: 1 2