Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound and Graphic Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nightslicer

Hi guys, im new to Dolphin and currently trying to resolve a problem that i have had with MHtri. The sound is broken meaning that it is sort of slow and as well as that, the graphical issues i have are that the whole game just looks very blurry and the game is running at 20 fps. I was wondering if someone could tell me appropriate graphics settings for the game.

I currently run an i3 processor, a HD6670 and 8gb ram on windows 7 64bit.

Thanks
1- Specify the i3 model.

2- Which Dolphin version are you using? Latest builds are more demanding than old ones.

nightslicer

(10-25-2013, 06:32 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1- Specify the i3 model.

2- Which Dolphin version are you using? Latest builds are more demanding than old ones.
2120 and Dolphin 4.0
Seems that you´ll need a stronger CPU and kind of better GPU.

nightslicer

(10-25-2013, 06:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that you´ll need a stronger CPU and kind of better GPU.
Damn, well okay thanks anyway Smile
His GPU is fine: he'll be able to play at 3x internal resolution without issue. The Core i3-2120 is the issue here. It's not bad, 3.30ghz Sandy, but it will have some issues in some games.

nightslicer: Monster Hunter Tri has a bunch of odd GameINI features. Make sure you have EFB To Texture and XFB is marked as disabled, then open the graphics configuration menu while the game is running. Does this improve things? Do any errors appear?
(10-25-2013, 12:11 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]His GPU is fine: he'll be able to play at 3x internal resolution without issue. The Core i3-2120 is the issue here. It's not bad, 3.30ghz Sandy, but it will have some issues in some games.

nightslicer: Monster Hunter Tri has a bunch of odd GameINI features. Make sure you have EFB To Texture and XFB is marked as disabled, then open the graphics configuration menu while the game is running. Does this improve things? Do any errors appear?
Those settings will cause issues though, xfb will cause flickering when you input your name and efb to texture will result in the character becoming all black like Last Story at certain points.
Link_to_the_past Wrote:Those settings will cause issues though, xfb will cause flickering when you input your name and efb to texture will result in the character becoming all black like Last Story at certain points.

Well if the GameINI settings had any documentation then we'd know that ahead of time.
(10-26-2013, 06:43 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]
Link_to_the_past Wrote:Those settings will cause issues though, xfb will cause flickering when you input your name and efb to texture will result in the character becoming all black like Last Story at certain points.

Well if the GameINI settings had any documentation then we'd know that ahead of time.
You mean the wiki? Yeah sorry about that, it would definitely be better if i explained things in the wiki or elsewhere but it would take me a lot more time to do it. And probably i would contribute less to the database as a result. There are way too many games and too many settings to explain them all one by one.
Or have some way to have it explained in the GameINI itself. Just a little comment for why that combination of settings is necessary would be a huge help to everyone, especially for us wiki guys trying to make sense of it all. And it would really help months or years in the future when those settings may not be valid anymore: it would give us something to test.