Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was thinking. I understand that the wii and GC uses a derivative of OpenGL, BUT i was looking at PS2 emulation which uses its won unique API. The PS2 emulator has a DX10 graphic plugin while the GC uses a DX9. when i compared the ps2 DX9 to DX10. i went from 40 fps and now get 190 average without a framelimit. Y not create a DX10 plugin instead of DX9.
(08-01-2009, 10:24 AM)Painguy Wrote: [ -> ]So i was thinking. I understand that the wii and GC uses a derivative of OpenGL, BUT i was looking at PS2 emulation which uses its won unique API. The PS2 emulator has a DX10 graphic plugin while the GC uses a DX9. when i compared the ps2 DX9 to DX10. i went from 40 fps and now get 190 average without a framelimit. Y not create a DX10 plugin instead of DX9.

dx 9 plugin hasnt been worked on forever, thats why
also, gamecube != ps2

hope this helps
By all means, make a DX 10 plugin if you desperately want one.
opengl was used in dolphin due to the fact that it is more widely supported among operating systems. every major os supports ogl, while dx is only supported in windows. development of the dx plugin ceased a long time ago while the ogl plugin was relentlessly worked on. now admins are looking for devs to continue work on the dx plugin and bring it up to par.
(08-01-2009, 01:37 PM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]opengl was used in dolphin due to the fact that it is more widely supported among operating systems. every major os supports ogl, while dx is only supported in windows. development of the dx plugin ceased a long time ago while the ogl plugin was relentlessly worked on. now admins are looking for devs to continue work on the dx plugin and bring it up to par.

i see. it was just an idea that popped in my head
Don't worry about it, its been mentioned several times before.
Use the search function.
I wouldn't mind something like Gsdx for pcsx2 in dolphin, but OGL is doing fine job.