Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart wii 25 fps MAX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best settings to run this at least a little faster.

I had 4.0.1 but went down to 4.0 so its still default settings, i tinkered with it earlier in 4.0.1 and it wasnt really much of a difference
oh and my specs are

Windows 8 64bit

CPU: Intel Core i7-3632QM @ 2.20 ghz

GCard: Intel® HD graphics 4000

Ram: 8gb

Its running fine to begin with, then when choosing cc and course it slows down.

Then actual gameplay goes between 15-25 fps, back and forth in that range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :*

Edit* changed it direct3d9 and i got it now between 25 and 35 fps with super choppy audio, nothing else was changed.
im pretty sure im good to run it, at least faster than 25 fps, if not let me know lol.
I can use a 2670 QM Intel i7 and get full speed. The main difference being that my processor has a Geforce GTX 560m alongside it. I'm going to guess that intel HD 4000 is the problem.
(10-23-2013, 08:08 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I can use a 2670 QM Intel i7 and get full speed. The main difference being that my processor has a Geforce GTX 560m alongside it. I'm going to guess that intel HD 4000 is the problem.
well i was doing research and got it up to 60, it only drops to 52 at lowest now, i had efb copies to ram, now its set to textures.
so now i just want to try and increase the resolution without much of a speed drop.
it feels like its sped up now, messing with it in 30 fps hahaha ;p
You could try 1.5x/2x rendering resolution (IR).
Check your temps and power profile. Make sure turbo boost is working on both the cpu and gpu.
(10-24-2013, 09:39 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You could try 1.5x/2x rendering resolution (IR).
that did increase the rsolution, looks great, runs at like 53 though, so unless i can get it running past at like 65 or 70 average and framelimit it to 60 its probably going to stay on auto ;p

(10-24-2013, 10:57 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Check your temps and power profile. Make sure turbo boost is working on both the cpu and gpu.
yeah when i unplug my comp it auto hits battery saver, which doesnt keep it at 60fps, i just realized that when i brought my lappy along for a car ride, but switched profiles to performance and all is well Big Grin

the only issue im having is the wiimote dc'ing after every race, which isnt that big of a deal, just a little tedious.