Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to import a real wii save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I'm trying to import an actual Wii save from the game Xenoblade Chronicles to use on the dolphin.
However, I keep getting an error.

Is my save file corrupted? Am I doing something wrong? Can the dolphin import a real game save?

thank you
the message from dolphin is that the md5 checksum does not match
the banner is successfully imported but the save data seems to be corrupted

how was this save exported from your wii?

the save import is designed to work with real game saves
It was imported by going to the Wii menu, going into the games and selecting Xenoblade Saga game to copy it to the SD. After that, I transfered it on my laptop. Was it the correct procedure?

The SD card is an old one (2 gb) that my sister used a few years ago, but I doubt that's the issue (?)
the xenoblade save from gamefaqs imports correctly, (save) so I think that it is safe to assume that your save is somehow corrupted, but I was able to get something out of it

try the attached save, hopefully I was able to extract your save
[attachment=9893]
I'm no longer getting the md5 mistmatch error from your extraction. I can even see my save in the 'continue' from game menu. However, when I try to load it, it says that the data is corrupted :S
too bad, i would try to export it to a different SD card if possible
It worked, thanks!! Turned out that my first SD card (old one) wasn't able to upload wii saves... weird... My friend's camera SD card was able to do it just fine
(10-24-2013, 05:38 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]too bad, i would try to export it to a different SD card if possible