Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lose Wii Remote connection when using Save State and then Load State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hapooh

I downloaded v3661 of Dolphin and loaded up Super Mario Galaxy. I then go and start a new game with new profile and play through a ways through the first level before the princess is captured and then do a emulation--->Save State ---> Slot 1. It says its saving state on the console window... and then I continue to play through a bit further and then I shut down dolphin, and come back later.

When you start up Dolphin the Emulation menu option is greyed out so I need to first load the Super Mario Galaxy ISO , and start up the game, then the Emulation option becomes available. I then next go back to Emulation--> Load State--> Slot 1 and it loads exactly where I saved, but then there is NO keyboard/mouse control. So I can't control the game or even bring up the Wii Home meun by pressing "H" on the keyboard. If I close Dolphin and then reload and start all over again, I get back keyboard/mouse control.....

Can anyone help me or know how to resolve this? Is this not the way Load/Save state is supposed to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

cmccmc

known issue. Don't use savestates with wii games or else it'll desync

hassandx

(08-01-2009, 12:06 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]known issue. Don't use savestates with wii games or else it'll desync

so then how to save the game so that when the game loads the controls work proprley
(08-05-2009, 03:21 PM)hassandx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2009, 12:06 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]known issue. Don't use savestates with wii games or else it'll desync

so then how to save the game so that when the game loads the controls work proprley

What kind of question is that? Save like you do on your real GC/Wii , what else??? -.-
And also normal by simply STARTING the game and choose your savegame in Titlemenu or whatever.